The Student Room Group

Questions about studying A Levels?

In year12.
How much do/did you work every day and on the weekend?
Should i work for every subject every day and what should i do - recap what covered in class?
How long should i work for?
Original post by Coolme12345
In year12.
How much do/did you work every day and on the weekend?
Should i work for every subject every day and what should i do - recap what covered in class?
How long should i work for?

It really depends on how quickly you understand the new content, some things take longer, some less; during your first week maybe set up a trial-study-timetable and see if it's efficient, for example, spend 2 hours a day (after classes) revising topics you just covered and see if 2 hours is enough to be able to practise application of gained knowledge. :smile: And then adjust the timetable accordingly every week; I recommend not doing more than 1 hour of work on Friday, Fridays are sacred :biggrin:
you have to find something that works for you at the end of the day but i did at least 3 hours per subject each week, i know this isnt a lot compared to some but it worked for me. i didnt have a timetable of revision as i found it hard to stick to but my main advice is to keep revising throughout the year dont get lazy and suddenly stop because a levels are hard and without revision they feel impossible. the first couple of weeks you probably wont need to do as much revision as its normally just the basics (Depending on what a levels you are taking) after that tho you'll be able to set a routine that works for you :smile: good luck :smile:

Quick Reply