The Student Room Group

Late bursary application

I originally applied for an NHS Bursary back in April, however stupidly forgot to click the 'Apply' button. I noticed and resurrected this back on the 8th of August, however I have been unable to send my supporting documents off (Passport & Birth Certificate) as I was going on holiday on the 31st of August and I was worried I would not receive my passport back in time.
I now have to hold on to my passport and birth certificate until I have completed Stage 2 enrolment on to the 18th of September which means I will have to send them off after that.
Does this mean as I have not got the correct evidence to show that the NHS are funding my course?
Will the payments be backdated?
And will I receive my first student finance payment if I have not 'fully enrolled'?
Very worried but also wondering how those who got places through clearing managed to get around this?
Thanks so much in advance X
Reply 1
I didn't get my bursary evidence sent off until November last year after starting in September. Got a nice fat back payment in December. You have up to six months until after your course starts to get everything sent off.*

I was late again this year. Trouble getting the evidence together. Don't worry about it. Just make sure you don't send partial evidence or else they will only process what you send them and you may get a reduced amount.*

Latest