The Student Room Group

Talking to a girl on the bus?

A girl I like gets on my bus a few stops after me. Been a while since we last talked but when she gets on it's a perfect chance to chat to her one to one without her friends or mine about. How do I grab her attention or at least get chatting to her, could talk as we get off the bus but don't wanna spend any time around her where I'm not chatting cause it just makes it more awkward
sit down behind her, tap her on the shoulder and say 'hey, whats up?'
bingo - you've initiated the conversation bro
Opening your mouth and talking. Although it is 2016, there's no special shortcut or technology.

You know deep down the only way is to open your mouth and talk - which currently, you're too nervous to do.
Make her laugh by telling her a funny story like "omg I just fell over on my way to the bus stop and loads of people stared" idk just make her laugh then you're golden
Sit behind her. Then drop something that will make a load noise, pick it up and when she turns around look at her and smile and say "hey, you go to my college don't you? But only sit behind her if the bus isn't really empty otherwise you will look like a creep.
Original post by BigMan Ting
sit down behind her, tap her on the shoulder and say 'hey, whats up?'
bingo - you've initiated the conversation bro

OP don't tap her shoulder.

Most women would feel creeped out when a stranger guy touches them on public transport.

Original post by Foo.mp3
This, only either quickly invite yourself to sit next to her if you don't get negative IOIs or else approach other than from behind (could feel creepy or else quickly become posturally awkward for her) :redface:

Spoiler

See you're still here, enlightening the young virgins of TSR
Original post by Foo.mp3
This, only either quickly invite yourself to sit next to her if you don't get negative IOIs or else approach other than from behind (could feel creepy or else quickly become posturally awkward for her) :redface:

Spoiler

i have to add that sitting in front works better less creepy and you can gauge her reaction and attentiveness better
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
OP don't tap her shoulder.

Most women would feel creeped out when a stranger guy touches them on public transport.

OP has seen her before a couple of times and they have spoke on different occasions, so I'm going to assume she'll be aware of his presence. Also how is he going to get her attention?
Reply 8
Original post by BigMan Ting
OP has seen her before a couple of times and they have spoke on different occasions, so I'm going to assume she'll be aware of his presence. Also how is he going to get her attention?

That's true, it's not like she's a new girl, could always just say hey or something I suppose, really that easy. Very easy if she's stood up and it's crowded. Normally is
Reply 9
Original post by TruthBeTold'
Opening your mouth and talking. Although it is 2016, there's no special shortcut or technology.

You know deep down the only way is to open your mouth and talk - which currently, you're too nervous to do.

Yes but I'm gonna have to move seats to do so, and ensure she actually wants a conversation. I could just usher her over perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending