The Student Room Group

Stop with the "who created God" argument it's bloody horrendous.

The reason why people think this can even count as an argument is because the majority of things around them, have been created - so they assume that the same must apply to The Creator. And yet this is just proof that there is an Eternal Creator as if this was the case everything you see would be created.

We know there must be an Eternal First Cause, as otherwise there would be an infinite regress, meaning that nothing at all would come to existence. Again I've explained above why the human mind might not think this could be possible.

Scroll to see replies

I love the religious beef we've got going on here tonight
Does the first cause nee to be God. Could it not be Allah? Odin? Or any one of millions of Gods that proclaim they are the right one.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Does the first cause nee to be God. Could it not be Allah? Odin? Or any one of millions of Gods that proclaim they are the right one.

Either-way it would be a god even if those others Gods are false.

Allah can also be used to refer to the Christian God - it simples means God in Arabic.
It's a sensible reply to the question 'Why is there something rather than nothing?' That question is often asked by people who believe that God is the origin of the universe. But the insistence that something can't come from nothing naturally begs the question of 'well where did your god come from then? It exists merely to point out both hypocrisy and the special reasoning fallacy that is often present in arguments of this nature.
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I love the religious beef we've got going on here tonight

in all mah time on TSR ive never seen this much in one night :shakecane:
Original post by AperfectBalance

Doesn't Allah mean God in English? Correct me if I'm wrong
I don't follow a religion but I agree, not everything needs a cause, it's an unfounded axiom humans have made up, totally arbitrary.
Put more simply: God has always been around (I.E. was never created) . Therefore, doesn't need a creator.

Only created things need a creator (duh?)

There are many more effective arguments against God. This is genuinely the most lazy argument against God and is destroyed in about 3 seconds.

Affectionately,

SS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
Put more simply: God has always been around (I.E. was never created) . Therefore, doesn't need a creator.

Only created things need a creator (duh?)

There are many more effective arguments against God. Please have a go at using your brain and use some of them.

Affectionately,

SS

Agreed, it's like baby's first philosophy class. You decided everything needs a cause, you created an unfounded assumption upon which to base your argument and if you do it, you're a retard.
Reply 10
To ask "who made God" is wrong thinking, it projects physical science principles into a realm where they don't apply.

The physical realm is maintained by an invisible realm.
God is in that realm, logically you should rely on his answer, he existed before anything was created.

You could not even make one hair on your head, your parents didn't create you, they were used as ingredient providers.

We cannot make DNA, the machine designed to make our physical components.
Our creator is infinitely more intelligent and powerful than us.

People may scoff at believing in someone who they cannot see, but they rely on various things they have not seen - or understood - gravity, love, atomic forces, the money system, etc. We have the ability to be guided by eternal things and increasingly know God, after we have received that Spirit.
Original post by StudyJosh
Either-way it would be a god even if those others Gods are false.

Allah can also be used to refer to the Christian God - it simples means God in Arabic.

I'm not so sure. The attributes of Allah (the Islamic conception of God) is significantly different to the Christian conception of God - most notably the doctrine of trinity, not present in the Islamic conception of God (Allah).
> Makes a thread calling an argument bloody horrendous

> Then says this:

Original post by BrainJuice
The reason why people think this can even count as an argument is because the majority of things around them, have been created - so they assume that the same must apply to The Creator. And yet this is just proof that there is an Eternal Creator as if this was the case everything you see would be created.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cumshot Caliph
I don't follow a religion but I agree, not everything needs a cause, it's an unfounded axiom humans have made up, totally arbitrary.

Interesting username. :2euk48l:
Why can't the big bang be the eternal first cause?
Aruging that everything needs a cause, therefore God needs a cause therefore God isn't real is as bad as defining God to be nonexistent and then say he's not real because I said he's imaginary, it's so unintelligent.
Original post by Emperor Trajan
I'm not so sure. The attributes of Allah (the Islamic conception of God) is significantly different to the Christian conception of God - most notably the doctrine of trinity, not present in the Islamic conception of God (Allah).

Oh I know. Islamic God is completely different to the Christian God.

But Arabic Christians can still refer to the Christian God with the word Allah.
Original post by !!mentor!!
Why can't the big bang be the eternal first cause?

Mainly because the Big Bang doesn't explain how the universe started so it couldn't be that.
Oh I know. Islamic God is completely different to the Christian God.

But Arabic Christians can still refer to the Christian God with the word Allah.

I'm aware. It's a depressing thought, that there are Muslims seeking to prohibit Christians in Malaysia from the word, they've historically used to refer to god - "Allah" -

"Malaysia's highest court has rejected a challenge to the ban on Christians using the word "Allah" to refer to God, in a highly divisive legal case in the Muslim-majority nation"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27970565
Mainly because the Big Bang doesn't explain how the universe started so it couldn't be that.

I'm pretty sure it does.

Quick Reply

Latest