Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Question regarding EU Migrant Worker and Dependent student.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am starting uni in a few weeks and I applied for Tuition Fee loans only at first because I have not lived here for 3 years and then SF sent me a letter saying that I can apply for maintenance loan a child of an EU Migrant Worker.

    They asked for various kinds of documents to show how dependent I am to them and everything is fine except for the bank statements. My parents work full time and I work part time but I saved up my money from work to help with with university accommodations and travel. I am sitting with around £6000 in my account right now while my parents have around £1000 in theirs. Our household income is around 21000-22000.

    I am even leaving work after this month to focus on studies so I have no form of income. SF will probably think I am independent because of the money I have. How do I go about this with the SF?

    Any kind of advice would be helpful. Thank you.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 12, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.