The Student Room Group

Kind of regretting my university decisions, should I be?

Hey all,

So I got BCDD at AS, dropped the C and was predicted BBB in all my other subjects (Maths, Computer Science & graphics).

I was looking at York for computer science, who ask for AAB-ABB, but I was specifically asked to achieve ABB.

Results day came along and I managed to achieve A* - Maths, A* - Graphics, A - Computing.

I could obviously have adjusted to almost any university, but I stayed at York because all my friends and family where saying I probably should because I've had my heart set on it for so long.

So I did opt to stay at York, but going through London the other day I passed Imperial college and I just started to think that maybe I should have gone to London, I have good funding due to a relative dying and leaving me a large amount of money for uni, and I have always loved London.

I mean, do you guys think I should be regretting staying at York? Will my job opportunities in the future be significantly lower since I'm staying at York? There was too much choice for me, I just don't want to feel like I could have done better Uni wise yah know? I know York is great! But I don't wanna have a lower chance of getting dream jobs in the future because I didn't take that leap of faith.

Thanks,
Cas
Original post by Cascadess
Hey all,

So I got BCDD at AS, dropped the C and was predicted BBB in all my other subjects (Maths, Computer Science & graphics).

I was looking at York for computer science, who ask for AAB-ABB, but I was specifically asked to achieve ABB.

Results day came along and I managed to achieve A* - Maths, A* - Graphics, A - Computing.

I could obviously have adjusted to almost any university, but I stayed at York because all my friends and family where saying I probably should because I've had my heart set on it for so long.

So I did opt to stay at York, but going through London the other day I passed Imperial college and I just started to think that maybe I should have gone to London, I have good funding due to a relative dying and leaving me a large amount of money for uni, and I have always loved London.

I mean, do you guys think I should be regretting staying at York? Will my job opportunities in the future be significantly lower since I'm staying at York? There was too much choice for me, I just don't want to feel like I could have done better Uni wise yah know? I know York is great! But I don't wanna have a lower chance of getting dream jobs in the future because I didn't take that leap of faith.

Thanks,
Cas

York is a fab university, you're over thinking things!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending