The Student Room Group

grades

i need help
i have actually flopped my gcse i got like all Cs are these good enough grades for university
for my a levels i have taken art,maths and business if i get all As will i be able to get into a good uni like oxford ?
Original post by lauren1976
i need help
i have actually flopped my gcse i got like all Cs are these good enough grades for university
for my a levels i have taken art,maths and business if i get all As will i be able to get into a good uni like oxford ?

All cs, I think you'd be rejected from Oxford.

Don't give up though, do your best in Year 12.
i need help

No chance at Oxford but you can still get into a brilliant uni if your A Levels are really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i need help

Sorry if this sounds harsh but Oxford is likely to reject you
However, don't give up. Try hard now and get those As (even if you don't get As you'll get in to a good uni as long as you have met the requirements) and you can get into a top uni it may be hard but it is possible!
few unis look at GCSEs results (apart from maths and English language) so as long as you have passed them your fine. Treat a levels like a fresh start! :smile:
Oxford isn't the inly
Reply 5
will i be able to do fine art at oxford tho
i got A star in art and A in DT
will i be able to do fine art at oxford tho
i got A star in art and A in DT

Nope you won't. I know this sounds harsh but you have to forget about Oxford. They're GCSE heavy and so it would be a waste of an application if you apply.
Sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
If I was you I think I'd likely give up on Oxford unless you would be willing to resit nearly all of your GCSEs to get majority A*...

There are plenty other great universities for Fine Art

Quick Reply

Latest