The Student Room Group

Need help with my compelling personal reasons firm

Hi basically I failed my first year of uni, passed the repeat year, now last year during my second year I had to withdraw due to depression. My uni acknowledged this and are allowing my to repeat the necessary deferred modules next year. They also told me my tuition fees for those modules affected would be written off and I would get funding as normal.*

I assumed this was the case when I saw my tuition fee grant at student finance at 0£, I assumed my uni had internally sorted it out with them.. well today I was shocked to receive a letter saying I am not eligible for any tution fee funding although I can appeal if I have CPI.*

I'm slightly unsure about how to appeal. I have a doctors note and everything but i'm not really sure what else to provide and where/how to send it and if there is a form to fill out.

any advice would be great since i'm a little panicky right now with it being so close to term starting. They have granted me a maintenance loan however so I should get that to help with my uni living. I just need to get the tuition fee funding sorted out. *
Reply 1
If you phone SF, they will either tell you where to find the CPR forms to download, or send them to you.
Original post by help-me333
Hi basically I failed my first year of uni, passed the repeat year, now last year during my second year I had to withdraw due to depression. My uni acknowledged this and are allowing my to repeat the necessary deferred modules next year. They also told me my tuition fees for those modules affected would be written off and I would get funding as normal.*

I assumed this was the case when I saw my tuition fee grant at student finance at 0£, I assumed my uni had internally sorted it out with them.. well today I was shocked to receive a letter saying I am not eligible for any tution fee funding although I can appeal if I have CPI.*

I'm slightly unsure about how to appeal. I have a doctors note and everything but i'm not really sure what else to provide and where/how to send it and if there is a form to fill out.

any advice would be great since i'm a little panicky right now with it being so close to term starting. They have granted me a maintenance loan however so I should get that to help with my uni living. I just need to get the tuition fee funding sorted out. *

Original post by Klix88
If you phone SF, they will either tell you where to find the CPR forms to download, or send them to you.

Hi

There is no CPR form.

Just a cover letter and professional evidence

You need to say how it affected your studies and why you had to drop out etc. Professional evidence needs to be original and signed for by the professional giving as much information into why you had to drop out of uni etc.

Send as many things as possible as it all helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending