The Student Room Group

I am wasting my life not doing nothing

I feel like my life is full of sound and fury it is a tale told by an idiot I feel my life signifies nothing.I come from school and sit around doing absolutely nothing I have no homework.I don't know what to do I could read or continue learning chiense but I feel like doing nothing and I feel besiged and beliguered by guilt because I am wasting my life what can I do what are some productve things i could do if there is no homework?
Original post by Anonymous1502
I feel like my life is full of sound and fury it is a tale told by an idiot I feel my life signifies nothing.I come from school and sit around doing absolutely nothing I have no homework.I don't know what to do I could read or continue learning chiense but I feel like doing nothing and I feel besiged and beliguered by guilt because I am wasting my life what can I do what are some productve things i could do if there is no homework?

You could see if there is anywhere nearby looking for volunteers, or maybe you could take up a sport. Or you could see friends
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You could see if there is anywhere nearby looking for volunteers, or maybe you could take up a sport. Or you could see friends

I don't have friends and I don't want friends.
Reply 3
You know you don't have to actually be doing anything, if you want to spend your time watching TV or something then you're within your reign to do that and it ultimately doesn't matter.

The only solution to this is to find something you enjoy and do it. If you're struggling to continue doing Chinese, just sit down and promise yourself to at least do 5 mins of it - it's honestly a lot harder to think about doing something than it is to actually do it.

Been there. Done that. Failure is terrible. Knowing you are about to fail due to your own laziness and lack of motivation is even worse. Maybe you need to fall so you know how awful it is and not do it again. But you could take my word for it, and use that as your motivator. If you really insist on doing nothing academically, at least fill your time doing something you enjoy (music, reading, climbing, running...).
I don't have friends and I don't want friends.

First step is to organise yourself and see how much time you spend doing nothing
Record your daily activities and then you will see your patterns.
Fill those gaps with productive things eg sport, take up coding/programming, languages, build something (a pc?), read poetry, history...etc. Have a goal, keep track keep recording your daily activities.
Find your passion :biggrin:
Ps: make friends and always try to push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you always felt like this? Which year are you in school and why aren't they giving you any homework?
That's a double negative soooo... :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Don't value your activities by the outcome!!!
Enjoyed yourself doing nothing? Good! There's value in being happy.
Enjoyed learning Chinese? Good! There's value in improving.
Were miserable doing Chinese because you just couldn't face it that day but felt you had to do something? Not so good.
If you're not doing nothing, surely you're doing something? :wink:

Tonight on TSR: fun with double-negatives!

Start playing video games. Srs.
spend your time creating threads on TSR

truss me fam it's highly entertaining

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending