The Student Room Group

Feeling left out at sixth form?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Wow that must be tiring aha😂 im sure you will do well in it though! :smile: ok thanks for the advice, I'll try and gain confidence to do that, got a free lesson tomorrow soI'll try, although it'll be difficult. Haha yeah I'll try and think about what i say, don't wanna scare them!! 😂and i wouldn't call it a obstacle lol its more like a massive barrier blocking me.

The only thing is i find it hard to know if its a nice person im talking to or someone who would knock me out! So i gotta decide quickly ahah😂

Your welcome and yeah ok haha sounds good :smile:
Oh one more thing....when you said to approach a group of people, would there be a way to approach just one person? As it's not as intimidating if you know what i mean! :smile:

yeah just try your best and dw you won't scare anyone!!! sure you're not that bad :wink: do you wanna pm me so i can help you with talking to one person? I would but you are on anon lol :smile:
Wow i honestly didn't expect another long answer like this! Thanks a lot for putting time and effort to try and help me :smile: my teachers are the same actually, they seemed to make us talk to one another which today didn't go to well for me obviously! But im going to try and gain confidence and hopefully I'll make some friends! :smile: i guess i need to come out my shell though i really wished people would understand its hard for me to automatically gain confidence, you know what i mean? It takes a long time for me to talk more. And your advice has helped a lot!!! Thank you:h:
Thanks again for using time to help me :smile:!!! I hope year 13 goes well as well!

no problem!! i completely understand where you're coming from tbh.
everyone else's comments are really helpful too :redface: if you're trying to approach just one person at a time, maybe in the study areas like a common room or library or something if there's just one person studying on their own you could be like "hey is it ok if I work here" or whatever. that might be easier if you recognise their face as someone from your class because then if you start chatting you'll have somewhere to start e.g. talking about the class or teacher or smth. usually i find if people are a bit aggressive/loud when they're with their friends + don't seem too approachable, they're more friendly when they're on their own and don't have the rest of their "posse" to back them up :') also if people are on their own anyway there might be a chance they're feeling a little less confident too and could be in the same position
Reply 22
Hi guys, i started sixth form today and it didn't go to well. I only have one or two close friend's with me at my sixth form and in my lessons i literally know no one in two of them, and its hard to talk to people as i don't feel confident and im shyish. What can i do to make more friends? Please give me positive advice, im feeling so lonely, thankyou :frown: :smile:

Also..im a nice friendly guy im just not very confident

Lot of people are in the same shoes as you, not alot of people are going to have friends joining sixth form.
Say hello to people in your class and introduce yourself:smile:
You'll have friends in no time
Also you're really lucky having 2 close friends in sixth form I didn't even have one:tongue:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
You can hangout with me. :P

Haha thanks :smile: 😂
Original post by OwlOfFire
Do your best to contribute to discussions, even if you don't really know what people are on about. Just say hello and make small talk for now. Try and find at least one person and then stick to them, in the hope that they will introduce you to their friends.

Thanks, I'll try too :smile:! Im hoping something turns up and i am trying to gain more confidence it just takes time with me.

Thanks for helping :smile:!!
Original post by Tea2345
yeah just try your best and dw you won't scare anyone!!! sure you're not that bad :wink: do you wanna pm me so i can help you with talking to one person? I would but you are on anon lol :smile:

Haha hope your right! Yeah sure ok, oh yeah forgot i created this anon. Sorry about that :smile:
Original post by camusery
no problem!! i completely understand where you're coming from tbh.
everyone else's comments are really helpful too :redface: if you're trying to approach just one person at a time, maybe in the study areas like a common room or library or something if there's just one person studying on their own you could be like "hey is it ok if I work here" or whatever. that might be easier if you recognise their face as someone from your class because then if you start chatting you'll have somewhere to start e.g. talking about the class or teacher or smth. usually i find if people are a bit aggressive/loud when they're with their friends + don't seem too approachable, they're more friendly when they're on their own and don't have the rest of their "posse" to back them up :':wink: also if people are on their own anyway there might be a chance they're feeling a little less confident too and could be in the same position

Thanks for this, it made me feel more confident now. as thinking of approaching people on their own anyway, it seems easier for some reason, and feel not as intimidating aha. Thanks for being so helpful!!!! :smile: i appreciate it :smile:
Hi guys, i started sixth form today and it didn't go to well. I only have one or two close friend's with me at my sixth form and in my lessons i literally know no one in two of them, and its hard to talk to people as i don't feel confident and im shyish. What can i do to make more friends? Please give me positive advice, im feeling so lonely, thankyou :frown: :smile:

Also..im a nice friendly guy im just not very confident

if it makes you fl better i started sixth form. and i know. noone there and i have not a single friend:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending