Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Compelling reason evidence to get student finance

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi i need some advice desperately

I have decided to go back to university this year to study a course in design, however when i applied for student finance i got my entitlement letter no problem and when i asked when i would be paid they said it had been blocked as i need compelling evidence.

Basically in 2009 i went to uni to do nursing but had to drop out within the first year as i found out i was pregnant with my daughter. In 2012 i decided to go back to uni to do nursing again but yet again i had to drop out within the first year because my little girls father promised to help with childcare but let me down and didnt help at all so i had no option but to leave as i had no family to help me out and i am a single mum.

Student finance are now saying i need compelling evidence to say why i left uni in 2012, but i dont have any, how do i prove my little girls father let me down to pick her up from nursery whilst i was in uni??? I really need advice as i dont think its fair that im not granted finance for something which i couldn't do anything about. Any help much appreciated
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 12, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.