The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's a festival!

no one cares what you wear, although preferably nothing nice.
Reply 2
wellies
Last year I found it was best wearing cropped trousers or leggings and shorter skirts. Long trousers tend to get ruined at the bottom and heavy if they are wet. Best bet then is a vest top or short sleeved top and a zip up or sweater you can chuck around your waist or in a bag. Also, wellies or chunky enclosed boots are a must.
Reply 4
Wellies and little shorts / skirts!
If your legs get wet / muddy its so much easier if its like your skin than like denin which takes years to dry

I went to global gathering this year (AMAZING) (although very very muddy!) and its such a laugh like raving for 14 hours straight in wellies and hotpants :P Youll get warm dancing anyway :biggrin:
Reply 5
It will rain. Just wear something light, comfortable and something you don't mind being redecorated in a brown hue.
Reply 6
I was actually really surprised last year at Reading at the number of girls wearing denim skirts - although on the Friday when the sun came out in full August style I was beginning to see they had a point. I would say make sure you have some jeans you don't care about being destroyed; some cute shorts / a shortish skirt; any band t-shirts you own, since then you can cover up and be cool :wink: and a SCARF to cover your nose and mouth when you go to the loo because otherwise you might pass out from the smell.
I've just got back from one and seriously after the first day of drinking + zero sleep you will look a mess whatever you wear.

I would recommend wellies though x
Reply 8
QueenRachel
I've just got back from one and seriously after the first day of drinking + zero sleep you will look a mess whatever you wear.

I would recommend wellies though x

Agreed. For guys, wellies are really uncool, but girls can just buy some funky ones. There's also a fairly well documented school of thought that a lot of guys find girls in wellies super attractive...
Reply 9
Wellies! My wellies are going to every festival with me this year :biggrin: In Knowsley this year, I wore black tights, a little denim skirt, "The Who" tee and a slouchy jumper/cardy thing. It didn't really matter what I wore in the end though, since my part of the crowd made a mud slide and thew each other onto it via inflatable couches. So therefore I was extremely dirty by the end of it!
Mad Vlad
Agreed. For guys, wellies are really uncool, but girls can just buy some funky ones. There's also a fairly well documented school of thought that a lot of guys find girls in wellies super attractive...

What, even caked in mud? You learn something new everyday!
ohhh im going to V too cant wait! you going to stafford or chelmsford?
Reply 12
Mad Vlad

True, strangely enough!! I got lots of comments from people I used to work with about my wellies encorporated with my outfit (this was when it was raining badly!!)
I wore wellies, denim shorts, and a t-shirt tha said can't touch this to the arctic monkeys gig at manchester.
i would recommend taking a waterproof though.
people throw alchohol and you get soaked with it!!
Reply 14
for mee its gona be the kate moss vests u can get in topshop (preferably black :biggrin:) with mini shorts and welllies:P and aviator glasssess, or those cool rock n roll t shirts you can get from river island etc
Reply 15
Emo*
ohhh im going to V too cant wait! you going to stafford or chelmsford?

stafford!
you?
Reply 16
RocknRollPrincess
I wore wellies, denim shorts, and a t-shirt tha said can't touch this to the arctic monkeys gig at manchester.
i would recommend taking a waterproof though.
people throw alchohol and you get soaked with it!!

If you're at a festival theres worse than alcohol that you have thrown at you.
Reply 17
QueenRachel
What, even caked in mud? You learn something new everyday!

Indeed.
Reply 18
kasias
If you're at a festival theres worse than alcohol that you have thrown at you.

Yes... the old favourite of a Pringles tube and last nights nasty-burger contained within.
It's like a time capsule, only less exciting when you open it up to reveal the contents.
Wellies and shorts (denim one day, gray one day, black the other) with tan Tights underneath to stop legs getting muddy) plus either long cheapy topshop vests and massive sunglasses, or boho style pattrned dresses and wellies. The same showers seem to be doing the circuits of all the festies, were def the same for Download and T in the park, and I used them and they are fantastic, take advantage! You'll feel sooo much better!

Latest