Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Advice on moving from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone!
    I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this question, but here goes. I'm hoping to study Diagnostic Radiography at UCD next year but I will have to move from my home in Northern Ireland to the South of Ireland. Has anyone else already been through something similar, and if so, do you have any advice on accommodation etc.?

    I moved from England to NI and rented privately. For you it may be a bit easier as you can visit Dublin etc to look at private accommodation if you're planning on living privately. If you contact UCD they will be able to advise on accommodation and anything else you may need to know. Ie health insurance down there and finding a job etc.
    Roi isn't too dissimilar from the UK in that English is a first language, a lot of the shops are similar and it's only down the road to to speak.
    It would be more of a culture shock if you moved to USA for example.
    It's always worth contacting UCD to see what support and advice they can offer.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.