The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker Provisional Offer

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any experience of passing/failing pre-employment checks for these ongoing campaigns (or any other job with hmrc!) with/because of a criminal record?

I have a few things on my record from a 6 month period 16 years ago. Worried about how this might affect my chances. I sent my DBS certificate to csr on Monday and am nervously awaiting a response. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Criminal#1
Anyone have any experience of passing/failing pre-employment checks for these ongoing campaigns (or any other job with hmrc!) with/because of a criminal record?

I have a few things on my record from a 6 month period 16 years ago. Worried about how this might affect my chances. I sent my DBS certificate to csr on Monday and am nervously awaiting a response. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a caution on my record from 12 years ago and was very worried about it all but got confirmation just today that pre-employment checks all passed!
Reply 82
Original post by Marko657
I had a caution on my record from 12 years ago and was very worried about it all but got confirmation just today that pre-employment checks all passed!

I'm sure you are relieved. Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Check the portal guys - just checked mine and it had updated to a formal offer which I've just accepted.

There was no email sent...
Reply 84
Original post by SkiOxley
Check the portal guys - just checked mine and it had updated to a formal offer which I've just accepted.

I've logged in and out twice, still nothing.

:frown:
Reply 85
I've just been emailed a start date - 28th November
Reply 86
Original post by Vereor
I've logged in and out twice, still nothing.

:frown:

Same here. I haven't even received my DBS yet 😡
Reply 87

Nothing for me. How long ago did you get emailed to say your checks had been successful?

This is frustrating as I just rung up to find out why I hadn't been contacted yet as they said "someone would be in touch shortly with a start date" - and the gentleman on the phone said that they are waiting on start dates themselves before they can hand out start dates to people, and the likelihood is it wont be before Christmas now.
Reply 88
Original post by MattB89
Nothing for me. How long ago did you get emailed to say your checks had been successful?

This is frustrating as I just rung up to find out why I hadn't been contacted yet as they said "someone would be in touch shortly with a start date" - and the gentleman on the phone said that they are waiting on start dates themselves before they can hand out start dates to people, and the likelihood is it wont be before Christmas now.

Email to say checks were complete came on 19/10

Phone call asking about notice period on 25/10

Change of status on the portal today, soon followed by an email with start date, location etc

My location is Nottingham, where is yours?
Reply 89
Email to say checks were complete came on 19/10

Phone call asking about notice period on 25/10

Change of status on the portal today, soon followed by an email with start date, location etc

My location is Nottingham, where is yours?

Glad to see some peoples are moving. My location is Cardiff.
We had emails regarding completed checks on same day also, but I've heard nothing since.
Reply 90
Original post by MattB89
Glad to see some peoples are moving. My location is Cardiff.
We had emails regarding completed checks on same day also, but I've heard nothing since.

Really hope you hear something soon - the wait is agonising
Reply 91
Really hope you hear something soon - the wait is agonising

Yeah it is, when you consider applications were submitted early July, interview in August, etc. Almost been 4 months since initial application already!
Reply 92
Original post by MattB89
Yeah it is, when you consider applications were submitted early July, interview in August, etc. Almost been 4 months since initial application already!

Don't forget that quite a lot of people didn't actually apply, nor were they interviewed, they were pulled from the grad program applicant pool. It's not as straightforward as the same process for everyone.

They're hiring hundreds of people all at once all over the country, truthfully I'm surprised it isn't taking longer.
Reply 93
Phoned disclosure Scotland to chase up dbs checks I completed over 4 weeks ago and they have no record of an application, what number can I call to get reference number from HMRC?
Reply 94
I have a start date for Newcastle... anyone else?

I was provisionally offered in July after being rejected from the Grad scheme and accepted formally 4 days ago. Is there anyone who applied directly for a Caseworker Officer role in Enforcement and Compliance? I would love to see a job advert for the role.
Waiting on a start date for Glasgow - has anyone heard anything or had a date?
Reply 96
Original post by Scott_taylor12
Waiting on a start date for Glasgow - has anyone heard anything or had a date?

No I'm still waiting and I know several people in the same situation. Nobody has a start date yet. I was called last week to ask about my notice period so I'm hoping at best for a 5th December start date which would mean formal offers would be sent out this upcoming Monday
How are you getting on with this? I've got an O band offer for Edinburgh and I've been pulling my hair out over the whole process!
Reply 98
So, still no start date through, I did however have my welcome letter to the civil service pension plan today!
Reply 99
Does anyone know what score in the CSIST is typically required to progress?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending