The Student Room Group

I got my A2 Predictions today.

What's the point in being predicted A*AB (my actual grades are AAB) when universities that want AAA will probably reject me anyway because of my B grade? Why didn't my school just bump that B up to an A? Jeez.
Original post by IRoranth
What's the point in being predicted A*AB (my actual grades are AAB) when universities that want AAA will probably reject me anyway because of my B grade? Why didn't my school just bump that B up to an A? Jeez.

Because they don't think you will get an A in that subject. Average student is overpredicted 2 grades remember.
Reply 2
Was it a low B or a high one? I find it peculiar that you weren't predicted a grade above given that is what normally occurs... Is it possible for you to discuss it with your teacher as to why you were predicted the same grade that you achieved?

A*AB would be a somewhat irregular set of results and it wouldn't particularly fit a standard offer that a university would give out.
Reply 3
Original post by Zeumryn
Was it a low B or a high one? I find it peculiar that you weren't predicted a grade above given that is what normally occurs... Is it possible for you to discuss it with your teacher as to why you were predicted the same grade that you achieved?

A*AB would be a somewhat irregular set of results and it wouldn't particularly fit a standard offer that a university would give out.

I was two marks away from an A! :frown: The thing is, I didn't realise my school will be assessing my entire AS performance over the year, and I did really bad because I wasn't bothered by topic tests. But, obviously, for the actual exam I knuckled down! God they just don't understand, I'm so upset!
I've sent in for a remark, now I just wait :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by richpanda
Because they don't think you will get an A in that subject. Average student is overpredicted 2 grades remember.

I was two marks away :frown:
I was two marks away :frown:

I know a guy who got an A in AS maths but got predicted a B for A2 because he found C2 particularly difficult (C2 is an indicator for C3 and C4 ability). He got a B, yet would have been predicted an A* by less alert teachers.
I was over-predicted, i ended up going to clearing, but went to my second choice uni, so didn't end too badly for me. Just be careful the jump from AS to A2 is bigger than that of GCSE to AS.
There is no point in having predictions you won't get.
Reply 8
I was two marks away from an A! :frown: The thing is, I didn't realise my school will be assessing my entire AS performance over the year, and I did really bad because I wasn't bothered by topic tests. But, obviously, for the actual exam I knuckled down! God they just don't understand, I'm so upset!
I've sent in for a remark, now I just wait :frown:

If my school grades me like this I will probs be predicted the same grades :/ . Like you I didn't care about end of chapter tests and only revised for the real thing and the mocks. I will change my approach this year though. Definitely talk to your head of year about it. There are no flukes in the real thing for you to do good in it so that should be the main indicator.

Quick Reply

Latest