Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student parental allowance and childcare grant.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, i start uni in a weeks time as a mature student.

    Me and my partner have been assessed by SFE for the current financial year. We have been given the full maintenance loan because she is under 25k. We have also been given the parental learning allowence and some help towards childcare (2 kids)

    Anyway... I have been offered a part time job, to do around uni. But my worries are that it will effect our grants.

    Basically if i earn in this current year, will we need to be reassessed? Will student finance take what i have earned from my parental and childcare grant, meaning there is not any point in me working? Or is there a allowance I can work, without it being taken into account?

    Apologise if i have rambled and thanks in adavence

    No, I don't think it's taken into account. Don't worry!
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Ishax)
    No, I don't think it's taken into account. Don't worry!
    Cool thank you for that. You hear of stories were people are better off not working. Just didnt know if i fell into that trap.

    Cheers again
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.