Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Lab coat for biochemistry at Oxford?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi, I'm set to start studying biochemistry at Oxford in a few weeks, but i'm wondering if I need to buy a labcoat to take with me for my practicals, or if my college/department will provide one. Can anyone already studying biochemistry help with this?

All this info will be given to you at the induction or enrollment. Most likely you'll either be given one or have to buy one from the uni.

At my university we had to buy them when we got there along with a lab book. Some people brought their own from home, but most of them were told it was the wrong sort of lab coat (like the ones Doctors wear, we have to use the ones that can button up around our necks) so they'd have to buy another one. If anyone forgot their lab coat there was a box of spare ones.

If you haven't been told I would wait until you get there and see what they say then incase you get the wrong type. Even if you were supposed to buy one before you got there I'm sure you can borrow one until you can get around to ordering your own
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.