The Student Room Group

The TSR Official Theory Test Thread

Scroll to see replies

clairette
Hey, I wanna do mine before the cost/number of questions goes up. So when is that? :smile:

3rd of september. Book it quickly because there aren't that many spaces left
Reply 41
Yeah, I had my theory this morning at 8:30 and it was packed!
I passed! Very happy! :smile:
Reply 43
meh guess i left it a little too late lol >.<.... went to book for a theory test thinkin its a good time to book it as quite a few days off sept 3rd...only to find all booked up :frown: so had to go for 5th of sept.
Anyone got any info of how the questions will be after the 3rd of sept? i know its got 50 Q's but will it be similar to how the Q's are asked now? or will they change the question styles entirely to bring about a fresh challenge.

many thnx in advance :P
MrStudent
meh guess i left it a little too late lol >.<.... went to book for a theory test thinkin its a good time to book it as quite a few days off sept 3rd...only to find all booked up :frown: so had to go for 5th of sept.
Anyone got any info of how the questions will be after the 3rd of sept? i know its got 50 Q's but will it be similar to how the Q's are asked now? or will they change the question styles entirely to bring about a fresh challenge.

many thnx in advance :P

The new highway code will have any extra stuff in. I think they are asking more questions about cars and the environment (well that's what I've heard anyway but I could be wrong). You should keep checking the internet for cancellations though just in case!
A couple of wee questions that I haven't spotted answers to eleswhere:
Are the hazard perception clips full-screen, or about 7 inches wide like on my practice dvd? Also, can you finish the multiple choice part early if you're happy with it?
I've got my Theory on Thursday afternoon, yaaaay...
Reply 46
Hi.

Ive started my driving again and want to sort my theory out. BTW, is this new theory test DEFINIELY going to come into play in September and if so any idea of a date?

Im so annoyed as I feel I shoulda done this ages ago, gna regret it now. Ive got the official theory test book, and a DVD. But it just seems a huge hill ATM, ya know in the book, what are the important areas 2 revise?

Tried booking online and earliest one around 12th September, or the 13th which is on my birthday, so, BTW, if by ringing up, will there be a chance of cancellation? My mate said to book online then go back to see if there's any cancellations, can ya do that?

Sorry for lots of q's but worried!

Thanks!

:-)
Aky786UK
Hi.

Ive started my driving again and want to sort my theory out. BTW, is this new theory test DEFINIELY going to come into play in September and if so any idea of a date?

Im so annoyed as I feel I shoulda done this ages ago, gna regret it now. Ive got the official theory test book, and a DVD. But it just seems a huge hill ATM, ya know in the book, what are the important areas 2 revise?

Tried booking online and earliest one around 12th September, or the 13th which is on my birthday, so, BTW, if by ringing up, will there be a chance of cancellation? My mate said to book online then go back to see if there's any cancellations, can ya do that?

Sorry for lots of q's but worried!

Thanks!

September 3rd is the date when it changes. Just read the Highway Code that's what I'm doing and do loads of practice tests. Book online and check regularly for cancellations there's a cancel/change button in the website.
ImperceptibleNinja
A couple of wee questions that I haven't spotted answers to eleswhere:
Are the hazard perception clips full-screen, or about 7 inches wide like on my practice dvd? Also, can you finish the multiple choice part early if you're happy with it?
I've got my Theory on Thursday afternoon, yaaaay...
The hazard perception clips were full screen. And yes, you can end the multiple choice questions at any time. I completed the MC questions in about 10 minutes as opposed to the 30something minutes they give you.
Reply 49
helen_of_troy
September 3rd is the date when it changes. Just read the Highway Code that's what I'm doing and do loads of practice tests. Book online and check regularly for cancellations there's a cancel/change button in the website.

Argh! Ive booked my test for the 4th of September, whats the pass rate for the new test? 43 out of 50? And is the hazard perception the same?

How do I go about changing it possibly online if I find a cancellation? Will there be any charge for it?

Doing revision ATM, my sister in law said she mainly read the Highway Code and passed, Im reading the theory book and the HC. Browsed through the DVD and got 43/75 for hazard perception but thats because I missed the first 2-3 q's so Id a passed.
Aky786UK
Argh! Ive booked my test for the 4th of September, whats the pass rate for the new test? 43 out of 50? And is the hazard perception the same?

How do I go about changing it possibly online if I find a cancellation? Will there be any charge for it?

Doing revision ATM, my sister in law said she mainly read the Highway Code and passed, Im reading the theory book and the HC. Browsed through the DVD and got 43/75 for hazard perception but thats because I missed the first 2-3 q's so Id a passed.

It is 43/15 and I think hazard perception is the same but I'm not sure. Go to the dsa website and there will be a change/cancel button you can use if you find a cancellation I don't think there's a charge.
Ilora-Danon
The hazard perception clips were full screen. And yes, you can end the multiple choice questions at any time. I completed the MC questions in about 10 minutes as opposed to the 30something minutes they give you.

:smile: Thanks. It went well, but it was good to have those things confirmed before going in. I got a Hazard Perception clip with sheep and a wee lamb, so I was all happy about getting to see cute animals :p:
[Just to clarify that sentence... I got 13 other HP clips as well, but the sheep one was the best.]
ImperceptibleNinja
:smile: Thanks. It went well, but it was good to have those things confirmed before going in. I got a Hazard Perception clip with sheep and a wee lamb, so I was all happy about getting to see cute animals :p:
[Just to clarify that sentence... I got 13 other HP clips as well, but the sheep one was the best.]
Did you pass??
Yeah :biggrin: After the sheep bit, I started to enjoy it a bit more. The nice thing was, I was still pretty jumpy/excited, which reduced my reaction times a bit, I think. The multiple choice was fine as well.

:sheep: lol, another obsession commences.
OMG my theory test is in a week and i havent even revised. I don't have time to either because I work all day. :frown:
Reply 55
beatnik87
OMG my theory test is in a week and i havent even revised. I don't have time to either because I work all day. :frown:

cram in the evenings all week:biggrin:
Reply 56
Ive got the book of official theory test, which are the most important areas to revise? There are some sections of MOT etc but Im not too sure I'd pass them as I dont know much info myself on cars etc.

Which areas should I focus on?

Thanks

Reply 57
I failed my first 2!

After that I thought, **** it - bought the Focus Driving CD

Went in again yesterday....

..34/35 & 62/75 :biggrin:
Reply 58
o0o good thread :smile:

I passed my theory test last Tuesday - 35/35 on the questions and 60/75 on hazard perception. I was pretty surprised as I'd failed all my practice HPs :p:.

Real thing here I come :eek:
Brimstone do you have any advise for me I'm briicking it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending