Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Transferring law degree help

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, everyone I was just wondering if anyone knew of any place that would accept 2nd year transfers into their law programme with a 1st in year 1 one and not so good A levels.

    Have you spoken to your degree coordinator or the relevant person at your uni about transferring ? Sometimes they can give advice as to what other unis to contact.

    Best thing to do is look up the admissions contact details for a list of unis you fancy and email/phone them. I know someone that transferred their degree after 2nd year by phoning up the 2nd uni and begging for a spot on the course.

    Also, if your uni offers law, then they might be able to offer you an internal transfer which would allow you to stay where you are and continue on your desire law course.

    Hope this helps !
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.