Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would stretch marks be a deal breaker?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So I used to be heavily obese. Talking 17+ stones here. I've lost almost 100 pounds and I'm really starting to like my shape. I feel like I've got nice curves/ass but the problem is I have stretch marks which are only going to become more apparent as I continue to slim down Would this seriously turn a guy off? I know people talk about bio-oil but there's only so much it can do.

No. You're a sexy tart and you know it.

*In the second link I gave you, see post number three. That guy cracks me up.

Nah stretch marks don't matter. I've never been overweight, but my weight goes up and down a lot for various reasons and it's left me with stretch marks on my bum and on the back of my thighs. Pretty sure I have a couple on my back somewhere as well.

I've never had an issue with them, even if I've pointed them out, generally they're just something that everyone accepts that people get sometimes for whatever reason. If you're conscious of them then by all means rub the bio-oil on them, but they're just marks on your skin. If someone loves you and is attracted to you they're not going to care. If someone rejects you for them then they're not worth your time.

It never bothers me whatsoever. If they are shallow enough to find you un-attractive based on some stretch marks, they are not worth your time at all
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.