The Student Room Group

Should I stay on at my current school's sixth form or go to another?

I'm in year 11 and currently debating about sixth forms. I dont know if i should stay on at my current sixth form to be with my friends or go to a grammar school about half an hour away. Both have excellent ofsted reports but I'm looking for some change but most of my current friends are staying on at my current schools. Im predicted a range of A's to A*'s.
Original post by lydia949
I'm in year 11 and currently debating about sixth forms. I dont know if i should stay on at my current sixth form to be with my friends or go to a grammar school about half an hour away. Both have excellent ofsted reports but I'm looking for some change but most of my current friends are staying on at my current schools. Im predicted a range of A's to A*'s.

Which college do you think you would be happier at? What are the pros and cons of both? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Which college do you think you would be happier at? What are the pros and cons of both? :smile:

The sixth form I'm looking to go to is a grammar school and has very good A level results, but it is a 45 min bus ride away and none of my friends are there. my current school is a similar standard but it is a comprehensive school with a less wide curriculum, but a lot of my friends are staying on at my current school. and it is only a 10 minute walk away.
Thanks for replying!
The sixth form I'm looking to go to is a grammar school and has very good A level results, but it is a 45 min bus ride away and none of my friends are there. my current school is a similar standard but it is a comprehensive school with a less wide curriculum, but a lot of my friends are staying on at my current school. and it is only a 10 minute walk away.
Thanks for replying!

No problem!

Do you think you would be comfortable with the 45 minute bus ride to college and back every day, and being away from your friends (bearing in mind you can make new ones at the other college)? Do both colleges offer the subjects you want to take? Just a few things to think about :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741

No problem!

Do you think you would be comfortable with the 45 minute bus ride to college and back every day, and being away from your friends (bearing in mind you can make new ones at the other college)? Do both colleges offer the subjects you want to take? Just a few things to think about :smile:

Most of my friends (as harsh as it seems) i could cope without. I want to take a degree in architecture at university, however the grammar school offers a wider curriculum. But the bus thing really was my only concern. :frown:
Most of my friends (as harsh as it seems) i could cope without. I want to take a degree in architecture at university, however the grammar school offers a wider curriculum. But the bus thing really was my only concern. :frown:

In my opinion, one of the most important things is to be comfortable with your routine and environment. So, if the bus journey worries you, then perhaps it would be better to go to your current school's sixth form :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest