Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had highlights in my hair and it has turned out like this. What should I do?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

I wanted some blonde highlights in my hair (which was brown/uncoloured). I went to an hairdressing school (i paid £25 it was cheaper as they were training) and showed them the first picture as being the colour I wanted the highlights to be. A young girl did it and as she was rinsing off the colour asked the person in charge for advice as my hair was a little 'warm coloured'. They discussed what toner to use to get it a cool colour like in the pic. They tried two toners and then the hairdresser in charge told me buy some 'purple shampoo' to get it more blonde. My hair feels very dry/damaged at the ends and im not going to complain or anything but its not the blonde colour that i wanted it.

Just wanted advice, will this purple shampoo that she said get work?
    Heres the pic i wanted and the second pic is my hair lol.
    Attached Images

Firstly, It's important to note that opinion is subjective and that it should not be held in high regard.

For me personally I think it's always important to relate these kind of situations with what other people have been through before.

The great man himself once said "For every Flower thy see, was once just a simple root". In other words the root of your hairs may not be impressive to you at the moment, but you may soon realise they sprout in to a succulent Afro.

I hope this answers your question.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.