Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Compelling Personal Reason

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I have unfortunately had a rough time and lost my daughter, I need to request some extra funding with Student Finance and I need to find an address / form that I need to fill in to you guys, Where can I find it?

    Also due to the situation it would not be possible to talk to my parents at all without going into too much detail, I fund my own living and I am 23 years old and don't meet the age of 25 yet for independent financing.

    Just need a little bit of advise as term is starting soon and I work 8-5 all week.

    I had to create a new post due to my previous one not working / letting me reply -

    • Thread Starter

    I have rang student finance ane they said with the death certificate i can have funding. But.... So far ive done -
    Foundation Year
    Year 1
    Year 2 - Twice already

    So if i go back that will already be 5 years funding.

    Hi Nathank22

    I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. If you have already spoken with an advisor please follow the advice given, which would be to send the evidence and a cover letter to explain your circumstances and appeal to get full funding again.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.