The Student Room Group

what a levels are best when you have no clue for a future job

I began my A levels last week and have really struggled in knowing whether they are right or not. I originally took psychology as an A level but after finding out that my GCSE grade in chemistry had gone up I wanted to take chemistry instead of physics. However due to my school's option block system if I wanted to take chemistry I would have to drop Psychology which I did enjoy. As I have no clue what I want to study in the future or as a job I don't know what subject to take I enjoy them both and feel constantly pressured from teachers and others to take them. I would really appreciate advice from other A level students especially those in the university process. Thank you.
Reply 1
Psychology is a lot easier than chemistry in my opinion so I suggest choosing that over chemistry because if you don't know what you want to do you're better off picking subjects which can get you s good grade to keep your doors open rather than picking a really hard subject and potentially getting a low grade.
Original post by indecisive:/
I began my A levels last week and have really struggled in knowing whether they are right or not. I originally took psychology as an A level but after finding out that my GCSE grade in chemistry had gone up I wanted to take chemistry instead of physics. However due to my school's option block system if I wanted to take chemistry I would have to drop Psychology which I did enjoy. As I have no clue what I want to study in the future or as a job I don't know what subject to take I enjoy them both and feel constantly pressured from teachers and others to take them. I would really appreciate advice from other A level students especially those in the university process. Thank you.

I started college not really knowing what I wanted to do in the future, so I chose my A levels based on what subjects I enjoyed and was interested in. I would say go with the subject that you enjoy the most, and that you think you can get a better grade in. You may not want to do it at uni but a higher grade in it still gives you a better chance of getting into the uni you want,as they will look at all of your grades. I've found that I was able to choose a uni course based on the subjects I enjoyed, and although I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do in the future, I can let my uni course shape that.

Quick Reply

Latest