Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

maintenance only in year of interruption?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    My University and GP have recommended that I interrupt my studies for a year as I have been suffering from depression which has been heavily hindering my progress. However I will still have assessments in the summer which I must prepare for myself, although the university has granted me continued access to the library and other resources. I was wondering, given that SFE will fund the length of course +1 year, whether there was any possibility that I might be able to receive a maintenance loan during this year out as I plan to still be in effectively full time self-study and I cannot rely on financial help from family.


    Hi nottslawmatt

    You will only be able to receive funding if your university classes you as a student in attendance. If they don't class you as in attendance and you are not taking classes no payments can be made.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.