The Student Room Group

Do universities go by predicted grades or AS levels when applying

I am applying through UCAS now to university. I am applying to do engineering which I need BBB for. I am currently studying A2 level and I did not get the AS grades needed to do this. Just say I improve my overall grades and get ABB do they consider you through predicted grades, AS grades or is it a mixture?
I dont think theres a set pattern. Many chool;s dont even do AS these days since the changes. Predicted grades tend to be one higher han what you managed at AS. As long as you arent too far off and your application is ood then they might just give you the bog standard offer. If you donty make the grade then they arent interested, so not much to lose.

If when the time you got your results, then you actually got the grades or better, but had no place, then go through clearing or apply the following year.
Reply 2
Original post by lmg1
I am applying through UCAS now to university. I am applying to do engineering which I need BBB for. I am currently studying A2 level and I did not get the AS grades needed to do this. Just say I improve my overall grades and get ABB do they consider you through predicted grades, AS grades or is it a mixture?

Mostly your predicted grades.
Your predicted A2 grades
Original post by lmg1

They use your predicted grades with the proviso that they need to be realistic given your academic record.

So AS levels of EEE and predictions of BBB would look suspicious and probably not yield an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending