The Student Room Group

Do i have enough college lecture time?

hi, currently sixth form of a secondary school, doing sociology, history and English lit, where for each lecture i have 4 hours a week, so say for english i would have 4 hours a week on that subject in college. My friend who has attends another college gets 5 hours a week per lesson per week, do i have enough time for my lectures to get the top grades and does he have an advantage over me?
Original post by Will.A2017
hi, currently sixth form of a secondary school, doing sociology, history and English lit, where for each lecture i have 4 hours a week, so say for english i would have 4 hours a week on that subject in college. My friend who has attends another college gets 5 hours a week per lesson per week, do i have enough time for my lectures to get the top grades and does he have an advantage over me?

A-levels are largely about self-study. Yes, he has slightly more contact hours than you but you also have more free time. Sometimes having too many hours is a thing, they can just feel like a waste. There are too many things to think about to compare your learning to your friends, so I would say don't do it and focus on your own :h:
As long you have good quality teaching then 4 hours is enough.
It's also good because you'll have more time to study yourself and do extra-curricular.

Quick Reply

Latest