The Student Room Group

Staying at home for Uni Vs moving out

Hey guys,

I was just wondering which is better staying at home for Uni or moving out and why? I currently live in London and haven't lived in any other place but London and with my parents, and also wanna study Mechanical Engineering at Uni.

Thanks in advance🙂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinah98
Hey guys,

I was just wondering which is better staying at home for Uni or moving out and why? I currently live in London and haven't lived in any other place but London and with my parents, and also wanna study Mechanical Engineering at Uni.

Thanks in advance🙂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really its down to personal preference- what you enjoy and what kind of university life you want. If you want the quiet life/ and or just concentrate on studies then home may be best, however if you want to go on nights out and more generally play a really active part in campus life then it is easier if you move away.

General pros & cons of living at home:

Pros
-Save money
-Generally a lot quieter and cleaner
-Might not have to worry about the looking after youself side of things so much

Cons
-Don't have that ready made group of potential friends waiting for you like you would in halls.
-Have to travel further to get to uni.
-If late nights out, especially clubbing, is your thing, have to consider how would you get home late (uni nights out tend to be mid week so night tube wouldnt help) and if your parents would mind you coming home late.

Hope that helps. I moved out of London for uni having previously only lived in London and I didn't regret it at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending