The Student Room Group

What's your favourite law subject/module?

Just done my first year and I think the law of contract wins it for me. Constitutional law was also very interesting. I hated administrative law and I wasn't particularly keen on criminal law and justice (the 'procedural' one) - although I'm really looking forward to next year's module on substantive criminal law.

Land law was tricky - especially as it was a module taken in the first year. Would have found it much easier if I was able to study it in the second year alongside a module on trusts and equity.

You?
Reply 1
I've only done A Level Law so far (starting Law at uni in Sept) and the law of Tort doesn't seem too bad so far..... :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Contract law was by far my worst module, though I scored quite high in it. Constitutional was my favourite, followed by tort.
Intellectual property.
Reply 4
law man
Just done my first year and I think the law of contract wins it for me. Constitutional law was also very interesting. I hated administrative law and I wasn't particularly keen on criminal law and justice (the 'procedural' one) - although I'm really looking forward to next year's module on substantive criminal law.

Land law was tricky - especially as it was a module taken in the first year. Would have found it much easier if I was able to study it in the second year alongside a module on trusts and equity.

You?

Im reading beginners contract and it is scaring me lol
*dave*
Im reading beginners contract and it is scaring me lol

Are you only reading a book on it or have you actually been taught it? There's a big difference, or at least there is with a good teacher.
Reply 6
house badger
Are you only reading a book on it or have you actually been taught it? There's a big difference, or at least there is with a good teacher.

Im only reading it lol ... ive been given my reading list for September and Understanding Contract Law is one of them .. you know the ones with the ribbon on the front. The history of contracts looks really boring though, and im worried that ill find the whole thing really boring, especially as I dont understand half the words in the middle section. And im supposed to be going to a good uni? lol
Reply 7
*dave*
Im only reading it lol ... ive been given my reading list for September and Understanding Contract Law is one of them .. you know the ones with the ribbon on the front. The history of contracts looks really boring though, and im worried that ill find the whole thing really boring, especially as I dont understand half the words in the middle section. And im supposed to be going to a good uni? lol

If you have any questions about contract, I'll be happy to help. But I'm sure you're not that interested in what you're reading!
Reply 8
law man
If you have any questions about contract, I'll be happy to help. But I'm sure you're not that interested in what you're reading!

cheers mate .. i wont be starting til the end of september ... and i reckon everything im reading in the books we will go over, its just really boring lol
*dave*
cheers mate .. i wont be starting til the end of september ... and i reckon everything im reading in the books we will go over, its just really boring lol

Not a member of the UKL Law Society? Tut tut. j/k :biggrin:

Is it with all modules that they are more dificult in reading rather than being taught? j/w
Reply 10
NDGAARONDI
Not a member of the UKL Law Society? Tut tut. j/k :biggrin:

Is it with all modules that they are more dificult in reading rather than being taught? j/w

Hehe, I dont join societies, Im a free agent :wink:

I bloody hope that its easier being taught it than reading it yourself LOL
*dave*
I bloody hope that its easier being taught it than reading it yourself LOL

I guess it's each to their own. I learn most from books anyway.
Criminal law has to take it, if only for the humour factor: anyone heard of that naked burglarly case on what constitutes 'substantial entry'? lol
Six Dinners Sid
Criminal law has to take it, if only for the humour factor: anyone heard of that naked burglarly case on what constitutes 'substantial entry'? lol

Very funny that case. He wasn't completely naked though, he thought if he kept his socks on he'd make a speedier escape :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending