The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah that's normal to be honest.

I also wouldn't recommend castrating yourself over something enjoyable like that.
No, after masturbation you're normal again. Healed.
Yep, we've both done it. We've been defeated by it.
I'm glad you brought this thread up, I'm going to post one similar to it.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Yeah that's normal to be honest.
I also wouldn't recommend castrating yourself over something enjoyable like that.

But, do you ever think that if you never released all that energy - if you hadn't had to undergo that cycle of releasing it and then waiting for the energy to build back up- that you could do much more in life?

Imagine that.

Surely high achievers don't masturbate frequently?
You'll see what I mean later!
Reply 6
I mean proper high achievers- not just some A grades in GCSE or A Level. Proper people- sportsmen, military-men, superior IQs, etc. The type of people that could be a role model; there are some people that I look at and think 'they definitely don't masturbate'.

Do you know what I mean?
Original post by Wiggly
I mean proper high achievers- not just some A grades in GCSE or A Level. Proper people- sportsmen, military-men, superior IQs, etc. The type of people that could be a role model; there are some people that I look at and think 'they definitely don't masturbate'.

Do you know what I mean?
I know that like some boxers can't have sex for months before fights and some runners before races :tongue: But apparently sex can be healthy :tongue: :dontknow:

Masturbation is haraam though :lol:
All the dudes waiting for some female input in this thread:

Some times, orgasm gets you going, some times, orgasm gets you zzzz.
It's called the comedown. Like from drugs. Euphoria washes away and the come down can be as powerful as the come up.

So you want the euphoria again. Thus, addiction...

And no I don't speak from experience lol
I'm not sure what everyone's talking about, but I genuinely don't feel that way afterwards. If anything, it feels better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Try doing it in public, I find that completely negates any comedown effects...
Original post by hamza772000
I know that like some boxers can't have sex for months before fights and some runners before races :tongue: But apparently sex can be healthy :tongue: :dontknow:

Masturbation is haraam though :lol:

That thing with boxers is pure ********. Total bro-science that you reduce your testosterone production post-masturbation lol. If anything the opposite is true. If you *** a lot you're gonna need more juices to be spurting about the place.

Original post by Bioluminescence1
I'm not sure what everyone's talking about, but I genuinely don't feel that way afterwards. If anything, it feels better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. Legit have no idea tbh. I just feel relieved, certainly not tired. I am suddenly able to focus on getting what i should have been doing done.
Original post by TorpidPhil
That thing with boxers is pure ********. Total bro-science that you reduce your testosterone production post-masturbation lol. If anything the opposite is true. If you *** a lot you're gonna need more juices to be spurting about the place.

Agreed. Legit have no idea tbh. I just feel relieved, certainly not tired. I am suddenly able to focus on getting what i should have been doing done.
k sorry mr fapmaster :mmm:

Jk lol ok i didnt know :tongue:
Hormones. Dopamine, to be precise. When your dopamine levels are high, so are your drive, focus and concentration. When they're low, your can feel sluggish, tired and unmotivated. Sad or depressed, even.

When you're horny, your dopamine levels are high and you probably feel energised and I guess driven to find a way ejaculate. Ejaculating causes a temporary lowering of dopamine levels in the brain, hence you feeling low afterwards.
Original post by John55
Try doing it in public, I find that completely negates any comedown effects...

Will try:biggrin:
Original post by hamza772000
I know that like some boxers can't have sex for months before fights and some runners before races :tongue: But apparently sex can be healthy :tongue: :dontknow:Masturbation is haraam though :lol:
who cares?
Reply 18
Masturbating is Makrooh, but I sometimes like to blow my load. I even once did it one a plane, when the girl next to me was listening to music.
Original post by BasharAssad
who cares?
Not you :mmm:

Latest