Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you come out?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Out of curiosity, I haven't come out to my family yet see.

They're fully supportive to gay people and always tell me and my sister to never be afraid of being gay, I haven't told them because I don't see my sexuality as anything that needs discussing, and to be honest I hate myself for being gay, I cover it up as much as I can.

I haven't come out as bi yet. its nobodies fault that they are attracted the opposite or same sex. think of it this way: 643 other species are both homosexual and heterosexual, most apes(including us humans) have engaged in homosexual activity.

I haven't come out to anyone outright. I'm still confused about where I stand tbh like I've been with both guys and gals and enjoy both but in very different ways (physically with guys but the emotional connection seems to come only with women). So my two best friends know that I'm struggling a bit atm, and they're really supportive... even if it's not helping I'm so not low key crushing on one of them, which they don't know, and she drives me crazy. But oh well. I kinda wanna talk to my mum or my sister about it because it does feel like I'm hiding something from them but my dad and brother just make comments about being gay that make me uncomfortable saying anything at home. I'm about to live abroad for a year so I'm going to take that as a time to explore more and do some figuring out and hopefully feel much happier with myself when I go back to uni afterwards. I'm not going out my way to hide anything though, I don't feel the need to have to come out to anyone (don't have to do it if you're straight so why if anything else), and hopefully there will come the day where I'll just go to my parents oh yeah this is my girlfriend or something. It's hard but it feels so liberating within me to even think about what could be, so I think a lot is to do with confidence about it all. Solidarity vibes though [s]hugs[s/]
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.