I have these gcse
biology B
chemistry B
maths C
English language C
English lit C
sociology C
geography C

would I be able to study dentistry at an uni?
I'm doing biology, chemistry and psychology a-levels
I'd say you would be able to - but maybe not the highest tier of unis.
Having a strong personal statement and strong A-Level grades would help a lot, and be quite necessary.
Original post by Sarah1778
I'd say you would be able to - but maybe not the highest tier of unis.
Having a strong personal statement and strong A-Level grades would help a lot, and be quite necessary.

if I got a's in my alevels maybe even a" would I be in with a good chance? what unis would I be able to get in?
Original post by ElizabethLeeder
if I got a's in my alevels maybe even a" would I be in with a good chance? what unis would I be able to get in?

If you got those grades at AS and you get predicted that in A2, you could apply pretty much anywhere if you have good experience to put in your personal statement.
If you got those grades at AS and you get predicted that in A2, you could apply pretty much anywhere if you have good experience to put in your personal statement.

but I thought I needed a's and b's in gcse for most universities. coud I get into kings college?
Original post by ElizabethLeeder
but I thought I needed a's and b's in gcse for most universities. coud I get into kings college?

I feel like universities don't really focus on GCSE's so much... It's more about A-Level grades, experience, passion for the course etc
I feel like universities don't really focus on GCSE's so much... It's more about A-Level grades, experience, passion for the course etc

thank you sarah
Going from a B in chemistry GCSE to an A at A level IS a big jump, especially as you got a c in Maths. Have you looked at dental hygiene and thereapist courses?

Quick Reply

Latest