Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So I failed first year twice, due to strain of my dad being ill and now I need to start again. Trying to apply for student finance but can't get any help. I'm starting to stress out. Don't want to start my new degree this way. What do I do? Student finance hasn't been any help. I'm meant to move into halls and we don't have the money for tuiton fees

    Hi Grace85

    With 2 previous years of study you won't be eligible for full funding in the first year of a new course. However, you can appeal to get one of these years back. You would need to submit the new application if you have not done so already. Once this is submitted write a cover letter to us to explain your situation and why you could not complete the course. We will also require evidence to back this us. If accepted you will get full funding for all years of your new course.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.