The Student Room Group

Question about actuarial grad schemes.

Okay so I think that actuary is something that I would like to consider to do after university (I am about to start my final year next week) but I'm not sure when to apply for the actuarial grad schemes.

My dilemma is this, on the one hand I have seen a lot of advice saying to apply as early as possible as competition is high and spaces fill up quickly but I feel like if I apply asap and end up with a phone interview or a face to face then I would be less prepared than if I waited a couple of months and did more research into the field so I don't want to apply to all I can now and get rejected at each one early on because I have had less thought than others and I don't know so much as them but also I don't want to wait to December and see that loads of potential schemes I could apply for have already filled their spots.

I guess it's my own fault for leaving it this late to start really studying up on the profession but I am also interested in accounting as well but that is a second choice.

So I wonder if anyone has any advice as to what I should do to proceed as I continually want to be making progress from now on but I'm stuck in a bit of a rut now.

Thanks!
Reply 1
You can apply first, then quickly learn everything you need to know for the interview and do well on the interview. Make sure you know a good amount about actuarial careers and the industry before you apply though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending