Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

University Transfer

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently studying an MA in History at a Scottish University for my first year. Because an MA is 4 years in comparison to a BA which is three years, if i were to transfer at the end of my first year and study in England for the following academic year, would i be starting the BA from the first year or the second?

    The first year of a Scottish undergraduate MA is not equivalent to the first year of an English BA, it's more like the last year of A levels. You almost certainly won't be allowed to transfer into the second year of an English BA.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth doing the whole year then, or dropping out and applying with UCAS for the next academic year? I realise that you may not be able to give me an answer and that it's ultimately down to my circumstances e.g. student finance, but i appreciate the second opinion.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.