Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

UKCAT scores 2016 for 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016

Hey I'm just curious as to how people have done in the UKCAT this year so I can get an idea what the average score and thresholds for the year may be? I got:

VR - 670
    QR - 760
    AR -680
    SJT - Band 1

Total - 2110/2700

With a scaled score out of 3600 , there would be some years where I wouldn't meet the interview threshold for Newcastle and so I'm not sure if I should take the risk with applying there? I'm also applying to Birmingham, Edinburgh and Liverpool. I don't know if I should apply to a BMAT uni for my forth. Thoughts?

Hi, I did OK this year got:

VR- 570
    QR- 830
    AR- 800

Total - 2200/ 2700

From my experiences last year I wouldn't advise applying to Edinburgh since they have ridiculously high criteria. Last year all my friends had really good applications but they all got rejected from Edinburgh except for one girl that had like 8 A's at Advanced Higher. I applied to Birmingham last year and got an interview so you'll easily get an interview this year. Couldn't tell you anything about BMAT sorry.

You all did so well I got just over 630 overall I'm gonna cry should I even bother T_T

(Original post by may_socio)
    You all did so well I got just over 630 overall I'm gonna cry should I even bother T_T
    I only got 642.5 last year and still ended up with 2 interviews one of them being Birmingham so you should definitely apply this year. Good luck this year!!

Liverpool are ps heavy, i also think Manchester could be good with your UKCAT, but there are other factors. As a fourth, I think you should apply to Sheffield, they are ranking UKCAT this year and it should be safe there. I could try to give other suggestions with more stats

If you want some data check out the prelim results and the TSR poll (although this is always higher). Best of luck guys

I got 636.7 for my average
    VR - 560
    QR - 650
    AR - 700
    SJ - Band 2

I am considering applying to the following unis for medicine:
    Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and Edinburgh

what are my chances of getting in
    thanks for the help

Hey guys, I got:

VR: 600
    QR: 890
    AR: 770

Which is 2260/2700 or 753.3 average

Thinking if Edinburgh but it's the only UKCAT Uni I'm looking at. Got AAAA at AS too

670 average, band 1SJT, A*A*A* achieved

VR- 650

I got
    VR - 680
    QR - 890
    AR - 880
    SJ - Band 1

I'm not happy with the VR, mainly due to the fact that I am an international student. I don't know how competitive it would be tbh
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.