The Student Room Group

I've had 0 friends for the last 10 years.

Since 9th grade i've had absoutely 0 friends.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think your definition of 'friend' must be highly specific then..

Why do you think it's been like that?
I'm sure you have some friends xx
If not maybe you haven't been making an effort to talk to anyone or your attitude can appear unfriendly at first :smile:
maybe other ppl consider you as their friends but you dont
Original post by sububzi
I think your definition of 'friend' must be highly specific then..

Why do you think it's been like that?

I don't know, I just couldn't find any friends since.
Reply 5
Original post by robertpiktos
I don't know, I just couldn't find any friends since.

I'm sure you're a wonderful person already but maybe it's time to make a few changes. You have to understand making friends isn't like something that just happens. You need to be open to it and actually put an effort.

Just say 'hi' first to someone, anyone, who's near you one day and you may be surprised. A little courage may help you know.

There's nothing wrong with you is what you need to remember. Just your attitude and the way you decide to present yourself to strangers.
That sounds kinda unhealthy...
I feel you.
Have you tried making friends?
Autism?
Main thing is that you need to be calm and friendly not desperate and have shared interests it could literally be that you both go to the same class together. Most people can make friends but it can be a lot harder for people with issues like social anxiety or some other factor like poverty or low self esteem. Could any of these be barriers in your case?
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Have you tried making friends?

I've tried but didn't succeed.
At school I had no one to hang out with during breaks, it was so hard...:frown:.

All the students would go out and talk and sit with eachother while I sat alone in class.

0 friends? What or rather who do you call a friend? Someone you talk to in class/at work? Someone who says hey to when you see them? Someone who you are happy to invite home? Someone you'd like to go on holiday with? For me, all four questions are four different kinds of relationship, but it varies from person to person.

Maybe you don't see them people who chat to you as friends? Or you have lots of people around, but you don't feel close enough to be friends with anyone? Maybe there's something about you that unappealing to people?

Whatever it is, it all lies in you. If you think there something wrong with you that you can fix, (for example, you realise you may always stand a little too close to people, or you suck at striking conversations) try to do something about it. Self-help guides are useful. If you think there is something seriously wrong with you on a much larger scale (tbh 10 years is a long while), then do seek get some outside help, maybe talk to a parent/sibling/teacher/grandparent or someone you trust about your friendship issue, or if not see a therapist. If you think your relationships with people are shallow then make them deeper. Talk about the things that matter to you serious or not. And remember, you decide who you consider a friend, not anybody else, so if you feel you and someone else are friends, someone else is your friend.
I've tried but didn't succeed.

Do you have social anxiety or something else that prevents you from succeeding at forming friendships?
Original post by *Alisha*
...Awkward...:giggle:

If your here to laugh at them please leave, they don't need this from people like you :smile: don't want to be rude but don't comment if your not giving advice
Original post by Anonymous
If your here to laugh at them please leave, they don't need this from people like you :smile: don't want to be rude but don't comment if your not giving advice

Thank you.

It was incredibly rude of her to laugh at me like that , that I don't have friends.
Why are you all giving him sympathy and attention? Seems like its 100% his intention, so he got waht he wanted.

I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.I say we don't.My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.Study all week, including weekends and holidays.Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.What is important in life is good grades not "friends".
As someone who always enjoyed being alone, and I have 0 friends, I ask what's the point of having friends?.You have your family, that's enough in my opinion.
Basically what you are saying is "We nerd friends,blah blah blah".Says the myth.We don't REALLY need friends.My advice to everyone is don't make any friends, only study, don't go out ever with anyone.That is the key to success, not "friends".
Threads like this make me laugh really.All this conondrum about finding "friends".My advice to you is forget about finding "friends" and focus only on your studies..

Welcome to the club. It's not going to change unless you do. You're free to stay till you die.
Original post by Mahree_Ah
0 friends? What or rather who do you call a friend? Someone you talk to in class/at work? Someone who says hey to when you see them? Someone who you are happy to invite home? Someone you'd like to go on holiday with? For me, all four questions are four different kinds of relationship, but it varies from person to person.

Maybe you don't see them people who chat to you as friends? Or you have lots of people around, but you don't feel close enough to be friends with anyone? Maybe there's something about you that unappealing to people?

Whatever it is, it all lies in you. If you think there something wrong with you that you can fix, (for example, you realise you may always stand a little too close to people, or you suck at striking conversations) try to do something about it. Self-help guides are useful. If you think there is something seriously wrong with you on a much larger scale (tbh 10 years is a long while), then do seek get some outside help, maybe talk to a parent/sibling/teacher/grandparent or someone you trust about your friendship issue, or if not see a therapist. If you think your relationships with people are shallow then make them deeper. Talk about the things that matter to you serious or not. And remember, you decide who you consider a friend, not anybody else, so if you feel you and someone else are friends, someone else is your friend.

To me the definition of "friend" is someone you hang out with, go to the movies and so on.
Original post by 999tigger
Why are you all giving him sympathy and attention? Seems like its 100% his intention, so he got waht he wanted.

Sounds like misdirected anger tbh

Quick Reply

Latest