The Student Room Group

Business Admin Apprenticeship in NHS - PLEASE HELP!!

Hi everyone! I'm new here but have been reading some forums and they're so informative!

I have an Interview tomorrow and on Friday and next week for an Administration Apprenticeship in NHS hospital
This is my dream at the moment to land this opportunity and opportunities like this don't come around often

I'm so nervous when it comes to interviews. When i get asked a question I'm able to say about 3 facts and my mind goes blank after. I'm not good with remembering things and keeping them locked in my brain. I'm trying to find ways to improve this by recording audios and listening to them over and over

I've looked at their Trust Values and wrote down some important facts about the hospital, I've searched up some questions but I have no idea what kind of questions they'll be asking me.

I went to an interview recently for the same thing and was unsuccessful so I want to prepare myself and get some tips and advice.

Could anyone thats been successful in business admin in the NHS or if you have done some interviews give me examples of some of the questions they might ask and what they expect and are looking for and how I can improve my chances

Thank you beforehand and any help will be appreciated!
Hi there!
I know your interview has been and gone but I thought to comment in case anyone else comes across this forum in a similar situations.

A couple months back I had an interview as a business administrator with the NHS, the questions ran along the lines of my best qualities, if my friends were to say one word about me what would it be, how much i know about the department, some general questions to do with my grades and skills & a scenario about if i was on reception and i had a patient approach me, the phone begins to ring & a collegue approaches me all at the same time, in what order would I answer these.

Unfortunately i did get offered the role but within a different hospital than the chosen one which i could not travel to.

Thankfully a few weeks later i had an interview with a closer hospital for the same role! The interview was completely different. They asked the generic questions of what my best skills are, what my weaknesses are, what teamwork means to me and why it is important. This interview however was more "chatty" than the first one, so i came across more relaxed and confident. I think this massively helps to smile often in an interview and maintain KEY eye contact. In fact they asked what makes good communication and i said eye contact to which they said they find young people fail to do this however theyve noticed i am good with enganging with people. This came across as a shock seeming i'm the shyest person you would ever meet. A few hours later they rang to say i got the job!

Long story short, questions can vary. Google generic interview questions, research the department you would be working on (e.g. Radiology google what radiology is & their procedures) and importantly their trust values. (They don't ask you directly to list their values, instead you have to try and drop their values into an answer). As soon as youve researched this just remember to take deep breaths, try and keep calm (I definitely was not) as soon as you see the interviewers smile, keep suitable eye contact and sit proud. If you can form a nice friendly bond with them they're more likely to take you on!

A little tip is at the end when they ask if you have any questions a good one is to ask if theyve took on apprentices before and what did it lead to & your ending question can be "is there anything ive said, or havent said, today thats concerened you?"

If you don't get it, it is gutting but it's key experience for the next interview! And good luck to anyone reading this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending