So I want to do English at uni, but I made the decision over the holidays to take a gap year and not apply at all until 2017. Circumstances at home have been incredibly difficult over the last couple of months (the school are aware, and discussions about perhaps applying with exceptional circumstances should happen this week...) and by the time things got REALLY bad it was too late to pull out of my linear exams. Before all this happened my teachers were happy I could reach my predicted AAAA, and I was going to put in a Cambridge application.
Then I got my results, and my most disappointing was a B for English, but I was ok with it considering everything this year. I got my exact UMS back today - not expecting to be particularly close - and I was only 3 off an A! The head of department thinks a remark would be a waste of time because I'm keeping it on to A2. I don't know what to do! I still don't know if a higher grade would be enough to push me to apply this year anyway. My past experience with remarks hasn't been great, and they are quite expensive... Luckily the school are paying to get my German paper remarked, but they've made it clear they won't with English.
I could really do with some advice! Thanks!
Is it worth going? Find out here