Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't we all get along?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I look at aspects of other societies and the difference is beautiful, I love the little things that each culture has.

How come people want to be sexist/racist/homophobic and stuff? Difference to the norms should be embraced.

Because life would not be exciting without beef

I'm a Christian. I can't give you empirical proof that what I believe in is true, so I'm not going to go around trying to convert you to Christianity; if God wants to do that, s/he'll have a plethora of ways to do so - me pestering you will have the opposite effect to that which was desired.

Often, however, Christians feel that they should take that evangelism as a responsibility for themselves, not out of malice but out of a genuine belief in their faith, and a genuine belief that they are helping others. Society judges Christianity by the most extreme, the 'holier than thou' type of person, and often that's the label we get. In reality, I and most Christians do not have that attitude - we'd like to bring you to our faith because it's a genuine belief that this is right, but we're not going to pester you to repent and convert.

The same thing is said for other groups of people - they are judged by their most extreme. This creates fear and anger, creating division between people.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.