The Student Room Group

Do I have to wear make up to be attractive to guys?

Scroll to see replies

You don't have to wear it all of the time, but a little can be nice for a special occasion.
Original post by saraxh

I can't see your image.
Original post by RivalPlayer

I can't see what you replied :colone:
Original post by saraxh
I can't see what you replied :colone:

I replied with an ellipsis...
Original post by RivalPlayer
I replied with an ellipsis...

How did you know it was an image? :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
How did you know it was an image? :colonhash:

It says "Attachments pending approval" followed by image.jpeg.

So what was it?
Reply 66
I think if you're unattractive to guys, you're simply unattractive to them, make up won't help.

A few simple and easier steps to looking more attractive, imo are
1. having really clear skin (i had horrible acne when i was younger, took years to go away, got loads more attention when it was gone, but this also includes redness, blotchiness etc - some brilliant anti redness products out there and some brilliant serums for other issues)
2. white teeth (my biggest advice here, is invest in a good tooth brush and toothpaste, and if needed, whiten, it makes a loooot of difference)
3. something to make your lips glossy, but no colour (clear lip gloss or lip balm is best)
4. groomed brows, lightly tinted. makes all the difference, trust me
5. wear a natural, day time mascara, or if like me you're blessed with naturally long lashes, just curl them!
6. mattifying powder is your friend
I tend to ask the same question. I'm 16 and the only makeup I've ever worn was when I'm doing a show. I think I look awful in makeup but I've actually never worn makeup that wasn't overly done (on stage it has to be overly done so people can see your face) I have never been asked out by a guy and I'm starting to think that it's because I'm ugly. Since middle school my self esteem has dropped a lot and I think it's because I see all of these pretty girls getting asked out by guys I like and me not get any attention. Sorry I shouldn't ramble on about me when I don't even have an answer. I hope that the other people who commented helped you find your answer. :smile:
Do what you feel comfortable with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending