The Student Room Group

FGM on girls has a rate of 500 a week, UK, edit, it's a month not a week.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nexttime
Thanks for the flagrant display of selfishness. I was asking you to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

Original post by BaconandSauce
So it selfish to not belong to a group who mutilate their children

:facepalm:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Does he put every single Muslim down as a rapist, murderer or a molester?

Pretty much, yeah
He even said that he avoids all black people because they commit 50% of crimes and are more prone to criminality. The guy's a full on racist, unlike even the most hard right people on this site.
Reply 42
Make compulsory medical checks at school. Give jail time to the parents whose daughter(s) have had a FGM.
is it not illegal in the UK?
Reply 44
Original post by Blackstarr
is it not illegal in the UK?

Yes, but we don't want to stigmatise some communities.
It sickens me that people think this is a perfectly okay thing to inflict on your own child (same goes for circumcising boys)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There's something wrong with you if you view girls having vaginas examined to see if they've undergone FGM during the holiday as "yuck". It's a serious problem in the UK and more girls are being taken abroad to have it done. It needs to be tackled.

I think that a situation where you have multiple adults physically forcing (and that will be necessary for some younger kids who don't understand) a young girl to strip and open her legs to be examined by a strange man to be pretty repulsive yes. And that situation will be occurring probably 10,000+ times for and FGM prevented, if it prevents any.

Would you consent to it? Would you consent to it for your 6 year old daughter, or 14 year old daughter?

Tackling it should be based on education (e.g. regarding the consequences for childbirth), empowerment of women (the vast majority disapprove of FGM even if they've had it) and by basic detective work. To suggest mass intimate examinations in an airport seeing is... bizarre and ineffective, not to mention wildly expensive.
Original post by inspiringtop123
Pretty much, yeah
He even said that he avoids all black people because they commit 50% of crimes and are more prone to criminality. The guy's a full on racist, unlike even the most hard right people on this site.

When did I say I avoid all black people, perhaps you can provide a quote ?
Original post by inspiringtop123
because they commit 50% of crimes and are more prone to criminality.

That's true tho

"In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; and for gun crimes, 67 percent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_Kingdom#Race_and_crime_in_London

Quick Reply

Latest