Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Calling all #FreshBeds16

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
  • View Poll Results: Tell us what you're looking forward to the most this #FreshBeds16?
    Meeting new people
    #FreshBeds16 Events
    Starting my course
    Moving into halls

Hey Everyone,

Who's joining us this month for #FreshBeds16?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Student Ambassador at the University of Bedfordshire

HI Emma,

I will be joining Beds at the end of this month. Really excited!
    I had a look on the BedsSU website, looking for societies to join, unfortunately none of them appeal to me. I have tried ringing the number provided, but no one would pick up.
    Would you be able to tell me if there would be more societies on the day than there are on the website, because it sounds really disappointing. Having looked at other Universities, such as Hertfordshire, they offer more societies than UoB does.
    Thanks in advance.

Yes Freshers is a great chance for you to check out all the societies and there is also a way you can set up your own society if they don't have one that interests you. So you can ask about that aswell. I also take part in the free Get into sports programme. There's all sorts of free activities like swimming, badminton, regiment fitness at different times of the week which I think is great and really enjoy

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.