The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zayn008
Just got an offer from York for PPE :smile:
Submitted my application on Friday 14th Oct in the evening. So it's only been 3 working days, very fast!

Hi I'm applying for the exact same course too! Can I know your predicted and offer grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2401
Original post by fastturtleneck
Hi I'm applying for the exact same course too! Can I know your predicted and offer grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! My predicted grades are onloy AAAB though, so a bit of a long shot
Original post by Moogle679
My application finally got sent off! I applied for MMath/MSci in Maths at:
Bath
Bristol
Exeter
Imperial
Nottingham

:biggrin:

WOOOO 3/5 the Same :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard someone from here saying that unis cannot give a conditional higher than your predicted grades. Can anyone here affirm? I'm quite worried because I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to a A*AA course and it's my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard someone from here saying that unis cannot give a conditional higher than your predicted grades. Can anyone here affirm? I'm quite worried because I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to a A*AA course and it's my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know but this might help..

http://university.which.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/should-i-apply-for-a-course-with-higher-entry-requirements-than-i-am-predicted
I heard someone from here saying that unis cannot give a conditional higher than your predicted grades. Can anyone here affirm? I'm quite worried because I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to a A*AA course and it's my first choice.[QUOTE\]

It depends on how competitive the course is. If you don't meet the minimum entry requirements they can probably offer higher. The likelihood is with those grades you'll be put in a 'maybe' pile and it will depend on how many other applicants there are. Also each uni may differ as to how lenient they are with the new a levels. But I hope it all goes well for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. If they give an offer it will generally be in line with their typical requirements. If that's higher than your predictions so be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by prostheticzeta
Has anyone got any offers yet for sport?
Especially from, SH, MMU, Durham, Birmingham and Coventry

I have 3 offers for Sport Science. Conditonal from Kent, Unconditional from Southampton Solent and possible unconditional from Nottingham Trent. Still waiting for Loughborough and Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a conditional offer from Glasgow which was way higher than my predicted grades, but maybe it's different for me because I'm an EU-student :smile:
Reply 2409

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! I'm Predicted A*AA and was made an offer of AAA, best of luck!

[QUOTE="Ellie419;68140132"]
I heard someone from here saying that unis cannot give a conditional higher than your predicted grades. Can anyone here affirm? I'm quite worried because I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to a A*AA course and it's my first choice.[QUOTE\]

It depends on how competitive the course is. If you don't meet the minimum entry requirements they can probably offer higher. The likelihood is with those grades you'll be put in a 'maybe' pile and it will depend on how many other applicants there are. Also each uni may differ as to how lenient they are with the new a levels. But I hope it all goes well for you

Original post by jneill
No. If they give an offer it will generally be in line with their typical requirements. If that's higher than your predictions so be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mintiess
I got a conditional offer from Glasgow which was way higher than my predicted grades, but maybe it's different for me because I'm an EU-student :smile:

Thanks everyone for your replies. Calmed my nerves for a bit. Hope all goes well with your applications!
Original post by zayn008
Hello! I'm Predicted A*AA and was made an offer of AAA, best of luck!

Thanks! Where else did you apply and when did you submit your UCAS?
Original post by sophienb98
Did SOAS send you an acknowledgement email? I'm so confused they haven't said anything to me :frown:

No I never got an acknowledgement! I emailed them as I hadn't heard anything just asking if they wanted evidence of my a level results as I'm a gap year student (my other unis have already asked for them so I thought it would speed up the already slow process if I sent them directly) and then they responded saying they also require my GCSE certificates to be able to assess my application!
Reply 2413
Thanks! Where else did you apply and when did you submit your UCAS?

Oxford, Exeter, Lancaster and York for PPE. LSE for government and economics. Where are you planning to apply?

As above, a Uni can make you any offer it likes, and if the standard offer is A*AA thats what any offer would be - and thats what you would have to achieve in August. It isnt just 'getting an offer' - its about being certain that you could actually get those grades. So, even if you did get an offer, making it your Firm without any real hope of getting A*AA is fairly silly.

Applying for an A*AA course when you have a B grade is exceedingly risky. Any Uni asking for an A* does so because they know that they will get more than enough applicants performing at that level and above - they have absolutely no need to be charitable to anyone clearly not working at that level. Just make sure that all your other choices are either at your predicted grades or just below.

Lots of TSR advice here about 'How to Avoid 5 Rejections' : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=20445-how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Gonna channel some of the good luck of other people in here by saying I haven't gotten any offers, but fingers crossed they will come soon! Expecting slower ones since my Exeter course is going through two departments and three of my other choices are Medicine. Has anyone heard anything recently from Leeds though? :smile:
Original post by SnowLeopard27
Congrats! What were the conditions of your Exeter offer? I got one for History there too:smile: and like you, waiting on Durham x

Thank you, congratulations to you too! What other universities have you applied to? :smile: My offer for Exexter is A*AA :s-smilie: What about yours?
Reply 2417
hey there! anyone applied to do architecture at UCL, Sheffield, UAL (csm), or Brookes? :smile:
Original post by ImAbremoaner
I only got 6As and 4Bs at GCSE as I didn't try hard enough- turned up to most exams with little/no revision, which i regret now. Last year at AS I got 4As so don't look too much into what others got at GCSE, although my biggest worry is that Unis will look at my GCSE performance and then reject me.

Same I did a lot better at AS.
Original post by zhanenaomi
Gonna channel some of the good luck of other people in here by saying I haven't gotten any offers, but fingers crossed they will come soon! Expecting slower ones since my Exeter course is going through two departments and three of my other choices are Medicine. Has anyone heard anything recently from Leeds though? :smile:

Never mind; the thread good luck works :wink: received an interview invitation from Leeds just after posting!!