The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inexorably
Oops soz me again, has anyone been receiving confirmation emails from Leeds? All 4 other choices of mine have sent confirmation emails but not Leeds and idk if it's just Leed's policy not to do that until they reach a decision

yeah, I haven't got a confirmation email from Leeds but on UCAS they've given me an offer :smile:
I sent my application off over a week ago, but I still haven't had any correspondence from Leeds? within this time period I've received two offers, but I haven't even had an email from Leeds saying they've recieved my application ?????
Original post by isabellexbelle
Thank you, congratulations to you too! What other universities have you applied to? :smile: My offer for Exexter is A*AA :s-smilie: What about yours?

Thanks :h: Mine's the same - hence why I was asking! They could have been a bit nicer - glad it's not just me tho:redface:. And they were pretty speedy given their rep for offer speed. When did you apply? Um Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and KCL overall - don't have a 5th.
Original post by SnowLeopard27
Thanks :h: Mine's the same - hence why I was asking! They could have been a bit nicer - glad it's not just me tho:redface:. And they were pretty speedy given their rep for offer speed. When did you apply? Um Cambridge, Durham, Exeter and KCL overall - don't have a 5th.

I feel a bit better I'm not the only one with that offer!! I applied last week and I received the Exeter offer in a week. I agree, it seemed really quick for Exeter considering what I'd heard! Sounds like some great choices :smile: Best of luck waiting for any more offers!
Original post by zayn008
Oxford, Exeter, Lancaster and York for PPE. LSE for government and economics. Where are you planning to apply?

Durham, UCL, York, UEA for PPE. Still deciding if I like edinburgh's course. I'll probably send in my application in early nov.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by isabellexbelle
I feel a bit better I'm not the only one with that offer!! I applied last week and I received the Exeter offer in a week. I agree, it seemed really quick for Exeter considering what I'd heard! Sounds like some great choices :smile: Best of luck waiting for any more offers!

Yeh me too! Clearly they don't want any slacking from us:s-smilie:. Aw good luck to you too!
Original post by fastturtleneck
I heard someone from here saying that unis cannot give a conditional higher than your predicted grades. Can anyone here affirm? I'm quite worried because I'm predicted A*AB but I'm applying to a A*AA course and it's my first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I can apply to a A*A*A* course with DDD and still get accepted because "unis cannot give conditionals higher than predicted grades"?
Original post by Fadel
So I can apply to a A*A*A* course with DDD and still get accepted because "unis cannot give conditionals higher than predicted grades"?

I don't think they'll even look at your personal statement if you apply with a DDD, sorry. 😰 please look at the replies above for more information. They're quite helpful, best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophienb98
Oh no this makes me so nervous I've only got an acknowledgement email from exeter for history and IR

Same - applied for ancient and normal history at Exeter and haven't got an offer, despite their offer ratio being 91%???
Original post by fastturtleneck
I don't think they'll even look at your personal statement if you apply with a DDD, sorry. 😰 please look at the replies above for more information. They're quite helpful, best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was sarcasm mate.
Original post by espicton98
I sent my application off over a week ago, but I still haven't had any correspondence from Leeds? within this time period I've received two offers, but I haven't even had an email from Leeds saying they've recieved my application ?????

I don't think Leeds are doing acknowledgements; a lot of people have had no emails, but offer straight to Track or interview invites in the mail :smile:
It's been more than 15 working days since I sent my application in to Birmingham and still no reply :frown: I have friends who sent their UCAS in less than a week ago and still have offers for the same course. I'm starting to worry, honestly.
Reply 2432
Original post by Rachel58
Same - applied for ancient and normal history at Exeter and haven't got an offer, despite their offer ratio being 91%???

Slightly off the topic, but how did you find out the offer ratio???
Original post by Fadel
It was sarcasm mate.

Well then maybe you've misunderstood my original post. I was saying I'm worried that they won't even think of giving me am offer if my predicted is slightly lower than their required. Just thought you were confused, sorry. 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RelfTE

You can find it on the whichuniversity website, usually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still only one offer :frown:
Original post by RelfTE

Which?University has them.
Original post by zhanenaomi
I don't think Leeds are doing acknowledgements; a lot of people have had no emails, but offer straight to Track or interview invites in the mail :smile:

Oh brilliant ! thankyou, I shall stop worrying now then lmao
Still no offers/rejections. I'm seeing all the science people and the history people with their offers and reconsidering all of my life choices XD
Leicester are now giving out offers; I just got one for mathematics! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending