The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninapudding
Thank you so much! :smile:
Applied to Warwick, Oxford, Birmingham and Leicester. Now just waiting to hear back from Oxford and Warwick.

Ohh I applied to Oxford and Warwick too, which college did you apply for!?
Original post by Matrix123
Well done sis!
Wow.... :congrats:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks sis :hugs:

Original post by olegasr
Got an offer from Durham for Theoretical Physics. AAA requirements. I was guaranteed this one though so still doesn't count as receiving an actual offer. Still waiting :frown:

That's still good tho, so congrats, still waiting for Durham to reply to mine :colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by Bdbsbs
Offer from Durham and Warwick for law; Durham unconditional if I firm and Warwick is AAA

?? Offer from Warwick for Law? Is this legit? Can you screenshot, if possible? Not that I don't believe you, I just need proof that they're sending out Law offers this early ^^""

(and then I'll probably go cry until I get one/a rejection, tbh)
Is it possible that they send replies back to EU students at a later date? I've sent my application off on Monday and I haven't heard anything back. While some of my friends from the UK received at least one offer a day or two after they sent their application.
Original post by wildhippogriff
Starting to get so antsy. Only had one offer (fifth choice) and I submitted two weeks ago :frown:

I'm in the same position. Where's your offer from?
Anyone heard back from King's for chemistry yet?
Original post by wifty
I'm in the same position. Where's your offer from?

Sucks, doesn't it? I don't really want to say for anonymity reasons. My course is Law though.
Original post by wildhippogriff
Sucks, doesn't it? I don't really want to say for anonymity reasons. My course is Law though.

It does. I'm applying for law as well.
Original post by Bella909
Well done :smile: I applied to Kings too, what have u applied for?

Thank you! I applied for history - so excited, it was one of my favourites! What are you applying for? (And good luck)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Well done hun! When did you get the "Check Track" email?

Thank you so much! I hope you hear from Nottingham soon too.
I got the offer at 18:03 on track, but the UCAS email wasn't actually until 19:30!

Original post by ob-hockey
Ohh I applied to Oxford and Warwick too, which college did you apply for!?

I applied for New College, I've always had my heart set on it! What about you?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!:biggrin:

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!

Spoiler

Thanks for le inspiration @thecatwithnohat

Hi

London school of business and management gave me unconditional offer, so they are giving offers as well.
Just got an offer from Sheffield for Japanese :biggrin:
Original post by psychstudy00
Thank you! I applied for history - so excited, it was one of my favourites! What are you applying for? (And good luck)

Ooooo I'm nearly the same, applied for History and International Relations!
Original post by TheRandomGenius
I'm applying for maths with econ at LSE and UCL

Have you got anything from them yet?
Reply 3574
Just curious... I haven't applied to Durham, but I'm considering it (I've only applied to four courses so far, still looking for my 5th). I'm seeing lots of people saying they've been guaranteed offers from Durham, how can you know if you're going to get an offer?
Reply 3575
Original post by okay.itsdrwho
Hopefully! Its only one day later after all.
I chose Cambridge, just preferred the Nat Sci course tbh, and UCL for Nat Sci as well. Durham and Manchester are plain chem and I have an applicant day/interview at Manchester! Its all a bit real now isn't it!:K:

Got an offer from Bath!! Oh nice choices, I would have loved to have applied to Durham but they have to have higher level maths for IB and I didn't take it, all very real- exciting though!
Original post by Bella909
Ooooo I'm nearly the same, applied for History and International Relations!

I was so tempted by international relations lol Let me know how your application goes!
Original post by OPJD
Just curious... I haven't applied to Durham, but I'm considering it (I've only applied to four courses so far, still looking for my 5th). I'm seeing lots of people saying they've been guaranteed offers from Durham, how can you know if you're going to get an offer?

I have a guaranteed conditional of ABB for law. I got mine from a programme called Supported Progression. You attend a bunch of events and then spend a week at Durham doing an assessed summer school. If you pass, they'll guarantee you an offer for your subject anywhere between 1 grade lower, or 3 grades lower like mine is depending on how eager they are for you to study with them. All it means is that you already know you have an offer before UCAS goes off because they determine one based on the summer school.

Beyond that, offers will work the same as any other uni.
what subjects are durham giving offers for?
Reply 3579
Original post by Gold-Confetti
I have a guaranteed conditional of ABB for law. I got mine from a programme called Supported Progression. You attend a bunch of events and then spend a week at Durham doing an assessed summer school. If you pass, they'll guarantee you an offer for your subject anywhere between 1 grade lower, or 3 grades lower like mine is depending on how eager they are for you to study with them. All it means is that you already know you have an offer before UCAS goes off because they determine one based on the summer school.

Beyond that, offers will work the same as any other uni.

Ah, thanks :smile: and congratulations!! You must have done really well to get three grades lower! Good luck with your other applications too 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending