The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to do Maths at oxford, warwick, st andrews, bristol and southampton; i sent my application off 2 days ago and I have already received an offer from warwick and bristol.
Original post by AJP98
Yep:smile: Durham, Cambridge, Warwick, Exeter and Nottingham:smile:

Have you got a reply yet from Nottingham? And I'm applying to Cambridge too, which college?
my referee is sick in bed so I can't send my application... and the deadline is tomorrow. Yay
Reply 1243
Original post by charlie_rhia_x
Have you got a reply yet from Nottingham? And I'm applying to Cambridge too, which college?

No offers yet, from anyone, just acknowledgements! Clair, you?
Original post by charlie_rhia_x

I've already had an offer from Nottingham for English and History of Art joint honours :smile:
Nice list, 3 of my choices on there!

Also as a note Surrey is on there twice
Reply 1246
Original post by bonjourhill
I've already had an offer from Nottingham for English and History of Art joint honours :smile:

That was fast!:smile: I'm applying deferred so I'm guessing it's going to take longer:')x
Original post by AJP98
No offers yet, from anyone, just acknowledgements! Clair, you?

I'm sure you'll get one soon! I'm applying to Queens', good luck with all yours ❤️
My application was sent in on Friday, and got the acknowledgement emails through Monday and Tuesday for all my unis. Have received 3 offers already! Lancaster replied on Tuesday (originally with conditional AAA, changed to unconditional), York replied Tuesday to say I have an interview after which I'm guaranteed an offer, and Bath replied Wednesday with an offer of A*AA! Sending my SAQ off tomorrow for Cambridge (Downing College) and now waiting to hear from Durham (Hatfield College). I'm applying for Natural Sciences :smile:
Original post by beckylouchan
i got my first offer from Chester the other day, someone told me that they may have coincided it with the fact i'm at the open day this weekend? Also has anyone got an offer from UEA or Leeds Beckett yet???

Yes my daughter got two from uea about 3.30ish check at the bottom of the email if they offer unconditional we totally missed that bit 🙄
Reply 1250
Applied for PPE at Oxford/Warwick/Leeds/Exeter and Politics and Economics at Newcastle. Sent Monday - only got offer from Newcastle, even though Warwick are sending offers already. Hope that isn't a bad sign.
Original post by cloudinthesky
Yes my daughter got two from uea about 3.30ish check at the bottom of the email if they offer unconditional we totally missed that bit 🙄

I got one from UEA today too! And they offered me unconditional if I put them as my firm choice.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I have until October half term to send off my application. I'll be applying to Hertfordshire, Anglia Ruskin and university of Suffolk

What subjects?
Original post by atarassia
my referee is sick in bed so I can't send my application... and the deadline is tomorrow. Yay

If there is a real danger of you missing the deadline because of a problem with your referee, see this thread about a similar situation today:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4366768&p=68031310#post68031310
Got a Warwick offer - G103 Maths
I applied last Friday (7th October) and Manchester gave me an offer by the Monday evening (10th October) for Politics & IR.
I've also applied to St Andrews, KCL and SOAS for IR and Oxford for PPE but they haven't replied yet.

Apparently St Andrews takes quite a while though, one of my friends was accepted but didn't hear back until March!
I'm guessing its because there's a large amount of Americans who apply and they tend to put in applications later than we do?
Original post by bonjourhill
I got one from UEA today too! And they offered me unconditional if I put them as my firm choice.

Nice
You obviously read the email properly 😉, we just were pleased she had the conditional on track that we didn't catch the offer until later
Anyone got an offer for Physics from anywhere yet?
The wait is making me so anxious!
Original post by cloudinthesky
Nice
You obviously read the email properly 😉, we just were pleased she had the conditional on track that we didn't catch the offer until later

Hahaha yeah I made sure to read the whole thing 😂
Sent my UCAS off last Friday, got unconditional from UoBirmingham today to do Modern Languages and Music so I think they're pretty quick!

Latest