The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstract_Prism
Sucks knowing that I won't have any of opportunity to get offers from Durham, UCL, or Bristol until the 21st of October when LNAT scores are supplied to them.

not impressed.jpg

How do you know when LNAT scores are sent, I thought it was immediately! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent off my application on the 7th of this month! Cambridge, Warwick, Exeter, Leicester and Lancaster, all to read Law (and Law with Politics at Leicester and Lancaster)😉

No replies yet, but acknowledgements from all of the universities, plus the forms for my Cambridge college (Downing), which I've now completed and sent off (and I've also sent off the SAQ on the 14th).

Exciting times... Hope that they start sending off offers soon! If anyone has any ideas about how long each of my choices might take for offers (especially for Law, as I'm aware that this can be a longer wait than some subjects), please do tell!

Good luck to everyone out there applying, hopefully we'll all get offers from our faves♥

EDIT: I'll list my offers/rejections (hah, even the word makes me nervous) when I get them (if I remember)

1) 17:00 (exactly!) 19/10/16 - Exeter, AAA conditional
2) 12:45 24/10/16 - Lancaster, AAB/ABB With A in EPQ conditional
3) 14:46 25/10/16 - Leicester, unconditional (holy crap i wasn't expecting an unconditional ^^" will probs be insurance!!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Any gotten offers from Edinburgh yet?
Has anyone received an offer from Sussex, Surrey, Nottingham or Keele yet? I'm sending mine off next week
Original post by TelAviv
I had some friends who got their Warwick offers for science/maths courses a day or two after they applied, some say they automatically give offers to everyone predicted AAA or above.

I applied to Warwick last year for law and they were the slowest out of all my choices to give me an offer! Didn't hear from them until March even though I applied in October

Warwick maths/science - super speedy
Warwick humanities - super slow

I sent my UCAS off on thurs 6th oct and had an offer from Warwick a week later (for history btw)
Reply 1305
I didn't have the best predicted, AAA and was thinking i was going to have to wait ages for offers since History is a competitive course but i got UEA (unconditional if firmed) and York within 48 hours of them receiving my application. Good luck to everyone else waiting
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Sucks knowing that I won't have any of opportunity to get offers from Durham, UCL, or Bristol until the 21st of October when LNAT scores are supplied to them.

not impressed.jpg

Is this the same for all LNAT unis?
Reply 1307
Original post by Someboady
I applied for Warwicks MEng CompSci too on Tuesday but I havent yet received an offer... what was your offer?

A*AA for MEng or AAA for BSc
Original post by 0-8-4
A*AA for MEng or AAA for BSc

Oh right, so did you apply for the MEng Course? did they specify what the A* had to be in?
Reply 1309
Original post by Someboady
Oh right, so did you apply for the MEng Course? did they specify what the A* had to be in?

Yes I did, and they didn't specify, the just said 'A*AA including mathematics'
Original post by BioOx
Anyone received an offer, yet?

I sent mine in on 30th September & I've had 2 unconditional offers if I put them as my first choice (Birmingham and Nottingham)
Original post by 0-8-4
Yes I did, and they didn't specify, the just said 'A*AA including mathematics'

Oh okay awesome! Congratulations! I hope you meet your offer! hopefully I'll get one too! :smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
My brother was projected EED and got a geog offer from Brighton for BBC. Now the acceptance cap is off I'm not worrying too much about this :tongue:

What's the acceptance cap?
Original post by Remaxmac
My daughter submitted hers a few days ago. She's international (US) and is hoping to hear back on the earlier side as she's met the requirements for some schools (w/AP tests). The personal statement was tough though so not sure what to expect. Completely different type of writing than is done for applications over here, where the focus is on things like learning from failure, personal background, etc. and telling a story. I prefer the academic/course focus of the UK app--I was calling it the no fluff approach--but we'll see whether it works out for her...:smile:

Meeting the requirements is a given for all that apply. It does not secure an early offer.
Reply 1314
Its making me worry that I barely have any acknowledgment emails let alone an offers yet. Is it just me who is still waiting for offers?
Ahh everyone is applying already and I'm still struggling with which uni I should choose! I am predicted A*ABB but when I look at my list of uni I worry that I'm too ambitious? I feel like I'm aiming a bit high for my grades, can someone give me some pointers?

Here are the courses I'm thinking to apply for:
- Durham PPE
- Edinburgh politics and Econ
- Warwick PPE
- Kings PPE/ York PPE
- Durham Liberal arts

basically most of the above has requirements for A*AA (York and liberal arts are AAA), but I know competition is fierce and people with much higher grades are applying for it. I'm not very confident about it, should I change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie419
I got predicted A*A*A, sent my application in 3 weeks ago and still no offers :-( My friend who is predicted AAA got an offer from a Russell Group uni in a day. And she only put in her application last week

If it's for biosciences....they need bums ion seats.
Original post by fastturtleneck
Ahh everyone is applying already and I'm still struggling with which uni I should choose! I am predicted A*ABB but when I look at my list of uni I worry that I'm too ambitious? I feel like I'm aiming a bit high for my grades, can someone give me some pointers?

- Durham PPE
- Warwick PPE
- Kings PPE/ York PPE
- Durham Liberal arts

basically most of the above has requirements for A*AA (York and liberal arts are AAA), but I know competition is fierce and people with much higher grades are applying for it. I'm not very confident about it, should I change anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The advice I was given was to take a very high choice (Oxford), three high (Manchester, St Andrews, Bristol), and one middling (Queen's Belfast)... that's with AAAA at AS, and predicted A*A*A*, although I don't know if they knew the predicted grades at the time! I imagine that advice could be consistent across the board... a very aspirational choice, 3 choices which either match your grades or are a bit higher (probably bit of both, to allow for significant improvement), and a safe option!

I don't know PPE at all, so that's all I can really say :-(
Original post by fastturtleneck

- Durham PPE
- Warwick PPE
- Kings PPE/ York PPE
- Durham Liberal arts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your choices are a bit risky. Maybe you can find a university that asks for AAB? But don't worry too much, last year my friend went to UCL with AAB but her offer was AAA.:smile:
I personally adore York a lot, a very lovely place:h:
Still waiting for rest of my decisions :/
So frustrating 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending