The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How many offers were sent in October and November? Hardly any...
When were most offers sent? January onwards...
Hi:smile:
I applied last Tuesday at oxford for human science, Warwick Durham and imperial for biomedical science and then bristol for neuroscience.
I received an offer from Warwick today ABB conditions.. which is a lot lower than I was expecting! Hopefully will hear back from Bristol soon:smile: good luck everyone x
im applying for physics and sent of my application to oxford but for the other four im not sure

Some of the Unis i am considering are:
Machnester
Imperial
Birmingham
Nottingham
Warwick
St. Andrews
Lancaster (maybe)
Durham(maybe)

Backups: Surrey and Lougbourugh probably

Predicted: A*A*A (Physics Maths Chem) A in AS further maths (self study)
any advice as im international
Original post by karmacrunch
Get you!! :wink:

Thanks but actually achieving the offer is another matter :rofl:

What brings you to this uni offer thread exactly ? :colonhash:
Original post by Leona-L
Just got an offer from Bristol for Biology :h:

May I ask what grades they are asking for and what other universities have you applied to?
Original post by NatoHeadshot
im applying for physics and sent of my application to oxford but for the other four im not sure

Machnester
Imperial
Birmingham
Nottingham
Warwick
St. Andrews
Lancaster (maybe)
Durham(maybe)

Can't go wrong with the uni's you've listed, all really good institutes. It also depends on whether you enjoy the campus too, you will be staying there for a few years!
I've applied for:
Oxford
Manchester
Lancaster
Birmingham
Nottingham
Predicted A*A*A* in maths, FM & physics.
Original post by OPJD
thats amazing!! Really hope mine comes that quickly.... The waiting is definitely the worst part 😅😅

100%. I've been religiously checking UCAS Track for the last 5 days :h: The wait is awful

2/3rds get an offer including and after January

And that's also 2013
Original post by Vanilla Poison
Can't go wrong with the uni's you've listed, all really good institutes. It also depends on whether you enjoy the campus too, you will be staying there for a few years!
I've applied for:
Oxford
Manchester
Lancaster
Birmingham
Nottingham
Predicted A*A*A* in maths, FM & physics.

Lovely list of unis you have there
I dont know how brave i want to feel and list it like you because i was thinking roughly the same but my teacher gave only one person an A* in chemistry and wouldn't give me and they don't offer further maths and so I'm doing it on my own.
That's the only reason why im not so sure even tho im above the entry requirements

How's PAT prep btw
Lovely list of unis you have there
I dont know how brave i want to feel and list it like you because i was thinking roughly the same but my teacher gave only one person an A* in chemistry and wouldn't give me and they don't offer further maths and so I'm doing it on my own.
That's the only reason why im not so sure even tho im above the entry requirements

How's PAT prep btw

Your grades are fine! PAT prep is going quite badly haha, done a few AS Physics challenge and UKMT papers but nowhere enough to feel confident in my knowledge. Looking to complete all the past PAT papers by the end of the month, hopefully I can get to grips with the tackling the tougher questions. How about yourself, how are you doing? :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What do Nottingham want for that course?

I got an unconditional as well from Nottingham if I make them my firm choice! (For History btw)
Original post by portertayler17
I got an unconditional as well from Nottingham if I make them my firm choice! (For History btw)

Doesn't History ask for AAA or something? What were you predicted?
Original post by Obiejess
When did you get your acknowledgement email?

I never got one before the offer and they still actually haven't sent one :s-smilie:
Does anybody know if the following unis would ever hand out unconditionals (for law in particular)

DurhamManchester LeedsLiverpool
Lancaster

Well done! What subject?

Well done! What subject?

Congrats! What's are your predicted grades?

Machnester
Imperial
Birmingham
Nottingham
Warwick
St. Andrews
Lancaster (maybe)
Durham(maybe)

Yay Manchester! My predicted grades are similar to yours (A*A*A* in physics, maths, and english literature - obviously A*A*A with the A in chemistry is possibly better than a very irrelevant subject!), and I'm applying to:
Oxford
Manchester
St Andrews
Bristol
Queen's Belfast (although if you're international, I wouldn't recommend Northern Ireland, so don't apply to this one)

I've already got an offer from Bristol (AAA including physics and maths), but I know that self-taught further maths could be very useful at Durham for example. Having visited all the universities except Bristol I defjnitely got the best feeling from Manchester and St Andrews!

Similarly, if you have the funds to live in London, I believe that Imperial is an AMAZING university ^^
Has anyone else barely even started their application yet? Barely started my personal statement. I feel like this is normal in my school but on here otherwise? Other than Oxbridge and applying for medicine is there really a reason that you should apply early as I'm planning to send mine off just before Christmas.
Has anyone else applied for History or History and Sociology?

I've applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Stirling, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

My Scottish Highers are AAAB and I currently have a rejection from Strathclyde and an unconditional from Glasgow.

Latest

Trending

Trending