The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm gonna be applying to Warwick for History with AAB predictions, but the entry requirement is AAA.

Does anyone think I have a chance of getting in?
Reply 1881
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I'm guessing nobody is applying for a Maths course this year?

Maths is the way forward :wink:
Reply 1882
Is it true that joint honour degrees take longer to process so we shouldn't expect replies too soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RelfTE
Is it true that joint honour degrees take longer to process so we shouldn't expect replies too soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for joint honours at Bristol and I applied 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back so I assume they take longer as they have to go through both departments?
Original post by joodaa
Ooo nice choices for you too your AS must have been quite good for those uni's :smile: , In my school we do AS and A level maths in year 1 and further maths in year 2 so I got A* in maths and AB in economics and spanish and I'm going for straight maths at all my choices
But no offers for me so far have you got any?
I got AACD respectively in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at AS (so definitely aren't the best grades for a competitive application to the Maths course of these unis). Since I'm doing A2 Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry I'm predicted A*A*C respectively :frown: (yeahso it's a bit tight). Congratulations on the A* in A Level Maths! Haven't applied yet as my sixth form college sends everyone's application off early November.

I'm going for maths at Oxford, Warwick, Imperial, Bristol and Lancaster.

Got an offer from Warwick this afternoon but haven't heard anything from the others yet.
Reply 1886
Original post by josephinekitten
I'm applying for joint honours at Bristol and I applied 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back so I assume they take longer as they have to go through both departments?

Ah yeah that would make sense I guess, thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by typicalvirgo
Bath sent an offer for biochem today, too!

Congrats! I'm a biochem applicant too :h: Where else have you applied?
I got AACD respectively in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at AS (so definitely aren't the best grades for a competitive application to the Maths course of these unis). Since I'm doing A2 Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry I'm predicted A*A*C respectively :frown: (yeahso it's a bit tight). Congratulations on the A* in A Level Maths! Haven't applied yet as my sixth form college sends everyone's application off early November.

Aw that's a shame atleast your maths is really good ay I'd be surprised if UCL didnt give you a chance. Ah okay well good luck mate you got this
Original post by Oceankarma
I'm going for maths at Oxford, Warwick, Imperial, Bristol and Lancaster.

Got an offer from Warwick this afternoon but haven't heard anything from the others yet.
Well done! What AS subjects have you been examined on and continued to A2?
Original post by cami.w
No acknowledgement from Stirling, perhaps they just don't send one? They're the only ones that i haven't had an offer from.

Yes, offers from Swansea and Portsmouth. Do you have any?

I have an uconditional from Glasgow and a rejection from Strathclyde. Still waiting on Stirling, Edinburgh and Aberdeen :smile:
Original post by joodaa
Aw that's a shame atleast your maths is really good ay I'd be surprised if UCL didnt give you a chance. Ah okay well good luck mate you got this
And the same to you :colondollar:
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Definitely pester the teacher if you have to! I had to wait 2 weeks before mine was officially sent off due to teacher and computer issues, but hopefully you get to have it sent off soon and the offers start rolling in? Are you doing the MMath degree?

Yeah I am, I've asked everyday this week it was meant to get done today but never was so I'll ask again tomorrow. Yeah I am it's MMath at most and MSci at Imperial, you?

I am :biggrin:
Well done! What AS subjects have you been examined on and continued to A2?

I did maths, further maths, physics, music and an epq last year, and I've carried on all four of the subjects, our school doesn't really consider further maths as a full subject so didn't have much of a choice
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Congrats! What's are your predicted grades?

Thank you! My predicted grades are A*A*A*
I'm going for English Literature at Cambridge, York, Bristol, Exeter and Nottingham. I submitted my UCAS form a week ago and have received offers from York and Nottingham already which are both unconditional!
If it helps to know I am applying from a gap year and got A*AAA last year in English, History, Maths and Physics :smile:

I am reapplying because I wanted to have another shot at Oxbridge (I went for Oxford last year and had an interview) :biggrin:
From experience last year as well, Warwick are normally very quick with offers!!
I've applied for Psychology at bath Bristol Exeter Nottingham and Sussex and sent my application a week ago. So far I've had an offer from Nottingham for AAB
Hope everyone's uni applications are going well :smile:
Original post by Greatness within
Got an acknowledgement email from the University of Glasgow at around 8PM today! I've applied for Neuroscience (B140). :biggrin:

Same here! But going for dentistry here :wink:
Has anybody gotten offers for Business/Management at St Andrews, Edinburgh, KCL or Bath??? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending